help...please...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Enthusiast
Default help...please...

hi everyone,

several problems/concerns with 09 escape...

1. "ticking" sound coming from the headliner or dome light. car has been to the dealership numerous times and they claim it has been "fixed." i can say that it has most definitely NOT been fixed. this has been going on for almost the entire time we've had the car.

2. sound coming from glove compartment/nav system area...like putting a cd or dvd into a player and it spinning but not playing. hubby suspects nav dvd...dealer cannot "verify" or correct problem.

3. a few days ago, hubby was at a traffic light and heard a loud BOOM from rear of car that he described as sounding like a baseball hitting the car. later checked and did not see any dents, no blown tires, nothing appeared broken in any way. car seemed to drive normally afterwards. last night, backing into a parking space, heard another noise coming from rear (although nothing like the one he first encountered). car seems to be operating normally but i am very concerned.

would greatly appreciate any feedback, we are at our wits end...

thanks in advance

Old 01-25-2010, 01:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: help...please...

2) probaby a HVAC actuator arm, driver or pass side. Just had mine replaced (took them 2 times). The quiet Cd seeking sound is going to be hard to have them check/fix. Mine would occasionally make a loud knocking sound. (if you seach my posts I believe I posted a video of the noise). It can not be duplicated with the temp at max hot or cold as the doors are fully opened/closed, has to be in the middle.
Someone did a great write up on this noice recently and I think it was on this board, maybe escape city, can't remember which.

3) is a wild guess at the parking break, maybe it got stuck/froze. It's supposed to be used frequently, and I admit I rarely use it. 09's went back to drums on the rear, so it's just a guess.

1) look around in all hiding places for toys, wrappers, anything hard in cup holders, trash, err map pockets on the doors, handle grabs, etc. I have anoying noises once in a while, hard to locate where they are, but finally find something a kid left behind. Some noises have a vantriliquist effect. Sunglasses in the holder ratteling?

4) answer to all: Crank up the TUNES!!!

Old 01-25-2010, 04:52 AM
Enthusiast

will have to check into your suggestions for 2 and 3, thanks, 08hybridok.

as far as 1, I had to laugh when I read your comment about the sunglasses rattling in the holder. that is what one dealer tried to tell us. i wish that were the answer! there is no "stuff" in the car that would explain the noise. if you heard it, you'd understand. it is most definitely coming from the car itself, somewhere in the headliner/dome light/sunroof. by way of proof, the noise stops when pressure is applied to the area. we have had mechanics in the car with us and they too have heard it (but apparently cannot correct it).

please keep the feedback coming!

Old 03-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Enthusiast

we think we have narrowed the noise down the one side of the sunroof...anyone else have this issue and if so, how was it corrected?

the weirdo noise from the the stereo/nav is still going on regularly...

appreciate all feedback, thanks

Old 04-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Enthusiast

hi everyone,

i see the thread has gotten lots of views...replies needed, please!

still no resolution to "ticking" noise overhead...has anyone else had or heard of this issue? i'm attempting to attach a recording of the noise

would greatly appreciate any feedback...we're extremely frustrated

thanks in advance

Old 04-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Enthusiast

sorry, will need to see if i can convert the file to another format

Old 04-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

'Ticking sound'...my '08 FEH suddenly developed this sound, in conjunction with the proverbial problems surrounding the blend-door actuator/motors....a known problem with several Ford vehicles. Just got back from the dealer, after they replaced both actuators, plus a small relay that worked in conjunction with the actuators...no more ticking sound, no more knocking sound (that sounded like the nav DVD). There's a coupld of TSB's out there on this one, I think.

The 'boom' from the back....I echo the comment about the emergency brake getting momentarily 'hung up' then releasing on the brake 'hat' aassy. There's also a TSB about this one.

Hope this helps....Gary

Old 04-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Enthusiast

thanks for your reply, Gary.

was the ticking sound you had overhead? this is a separate noise from the blend door sound.

can you please tell me where to find the TSB's?

Old 04-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

The ticking sound was hard to pinpoint where it was coming from, as it was pretty faint. The tech said mine was a small relay just behind the glove box that worked with the actuators for the blend doors. My FEH doesn't have a moon roof, so it may be that we're talking about two different causes, that's for sure.

I found the TSB's by doing a Google search for 'Escape Hybrid Blend Door Actuator' I only wrote it down to take to the garage and don't have the URL handy any more...sorry. I think it was on another Escape-related board, though....not this one.

Gary

Old 04-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Enthusiast

thanks again, Gary. glad your problems were resolved.

escape-city.com has a TSB forum

hoping someone out there has the fix for this, please keep replies coming

Quick Reply: help...please...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands