Grille covers ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Grille covers ??

Originally Posted by Lurch
Couldn't you put that information right in the post? Why do people around here feel the need to put images and URLS in M$ Word docs?
What is the policy on this site in regards to photos and URLS? URLS can be easily inputted into the post. Photos are sometimes not desired (on some sites) to be inputted into the post because of the potential to slow things down. That is why I have been using Word documents.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Enthusiast

The best way to handle photos if you don't want to attach to the post is to upload to a photo hosting site like imageshack and link to it. It similar to the way you link to 3rd party photos in ebay auctions. It doesn't use storage capacity of the forum but can still slow down page loading if users are on dialup.

Sorry to get off topic, but most forums have a sticky to handle these questions.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:09 PM

They arrived today. I have posted in the links two photos and two pages of instructions. You can attach these covers via sticky pads or with mounting screws which are not included. The winter cover does look "insulated" and has two openings you can shut or leave open. These grille covers do not cover the lower portion of your grille (below the bumper).

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff26/Billyk24/fordescapehybridgrillcovers2007-11-.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff26/Billyk24/fordescapehybridgrillcoversoutside2.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff26/Billyk24/grillcovers002.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff26/Billyk24/grillcovers001.jpg

Old 11-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Thanks for your excellent photos and suggestions.
I ordered one myself.
They must take the fabric and cut them to fit, since shipping takes about 10 days, I guess they make them to order, which makes sense.

Next, show us photos of the cover on your car!
Thanks, Bill. Excellent contributions to the group, as usual!
-John

Old 11-29-2007, 09:44 PM

Interesting.....

Whats the point of the "bug screen" in any case. I've never been particulary worried about bugs on my plastic grill. I'm more annoy by them on the PAINT. It looks like it only covers the grill area so I'm not sure the summer option is of much use is it? The winter option on the other hand looks promising.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:09 PM

Bugs plug the vanes of the radiator and lead to overheats in demanding summer conditions. Plus it just keeps the radiator "cleaner" even if your summers are not that hot.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by gpsman1

Next, show us photos of the cover on your car!

-John
I want to use something other than the sticky velcro pad to attach this grille cover to my vehicle. The instructions recommend 60F degree temperature or above with the sticky velcro pads. I'm going to the auto store on Saturday to see if I can find something similiar to what FIA uses for the 2nd method of installation--or order what FIA has. My garage is not going to get 60 degrees or warmer in the near future.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:15 AM

Billy, if the 60'F is your main concern, just blow a hair dryer on that small part of the car right before you attach the sticky pads.

I'm in Minnesota, so that's what I am going to need to do.
My garage is 'slightly' heated... above freezing anyway, but it won't see 60'F for a long time either.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:10 AM

My covers arrived early! ( I guess I am close to the manufacturer )

Here are photos of the installation. Have not driven with it yet.
Self stick snap are all that is required. The top edge is under the hood, and there are snaps on top with an elastic band to keep the cover taught.

Windows to allow some air on "borderline" days.

All buttoned up!

-John

Old 12-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Feral Engineer

Nice installation. Does this cover the opening below the bumper?

Quick Reply: Grille covers ??

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands