Fuel Savers Do the Work?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Fuel Savers Do the Work?

Originally Posted by GaryG
Snake oil? We have put people on the moon and just installed panels on the Space Station to produce at least enough energy to power five large homes with A/C.

GaryG
We have lots of legitimate high tech stuff, but that doesn't mean snake oil has gone the way of the dodo bird (extinct).

Old 09-20-2006, 04:44 PM

Come on people, if these things actually did anything at all Ford would have already installed it on the Hybrids from the factory........

~John

Old 09-20-2006, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by GaryG
Take a look at this article I found.

http://www.eagle-research.com/newsle...0/2000_04.html
I like this one best....

The Moray device: Well documented and demonstrated, produced 50,000 watts of power from a small box that contained no moving parts using an antenna and a ground to draw the power from the environment. One of the funniest stories I have is about a 'scientist' that officially denied that it could be working, that then started talking about the wondrous device to his seatmate on the way home; the seatmate was Mr. Moray's lawyer. Mr. Moray's innovation was smashed by a 'spy' and he was unable to get funding to build another. He died of old age. How much funding would he have needed to build another small box with no moving parts? We need to ask an expert if this is possible. Any Physics Professors out there?

Old 09-20-2006, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by nitramjr
We need to ask an expert if this is possible. Any Physics Professors out there?
Don't need a physics background.... just a dab of Thermodynamics class... which I've had, and forgot most of.... But I can assure you, theres not a chance....

Old 09-20-2006, 09:31 PM

Does anybody honestly think that if a device that can be added on for a modest increase in FE, that the car manufacturer wouldn't already do it, if the price is right?

Old 09-21-2006, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by TeeSter
Don't need a physics background.... just a dab of Thermodynamics class... which I've had, and forgot most of.... But I can assure you, theres not a chance....
By the way, I'm referring to the 50,000 watt example. Someone with Thermo might be able to figure out the fuel saver's effect.... but I'd have no idea how to.

All I can say about it is that in an article I read somewhere, in test after test run by the EPA, they've never found one of these things that work, many have in fact reduced fuel effiency.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:21 AM

The only way that would have worked was if Mr. Moray had succeeded in executing Cold Fusion in that little box.

Old 09-21-2006, 09:11 AM

One thing is that these vortex things usualy go before the filter not after right? At least thats what I have seen in pictures. What do you think happens when the vortex hits the filter?

Old 09-21-2006, 01:37 PM

The vortex seems a little far off but when I was looking for information on fuel savers, I found that article amoung a patent search. Some of the patents I read were very interesting.

When it comes to things like this, it make you wonder. I'm the type of person who looks at the facts, not just something I read. Here in Palm Beach County, I tried to uncover corruption and found it was so well rooted, I believe anything is possible now. There was a very powerful (R) FL Senator who was related to someone I'd known for 30yrs, and he tried to explain to me how corruption was part of life. He explain to me how he bribed his grand kids to show them how to make money. This didn't make me change my morals, I just understand the world a little better. The ex-Senator is running his game now with his fellow inmates BTW, but it was not me who drop the dime on him. That had to be someone more powerful he pis*** off like JB, but I don't know that.

One thing about this fuel saver that a number of Ford dealerships are pushing is, it's on Ford literature. Ford I'm sure, does not want to be caught up in a false advertising legal battle.

GaryG

Old 09-21-2006, 02:26 PM

Anyone check with Ford to see if they know what these dealers are doing? As a dealer you get a press kit with logos and everything you need to make something that looks like "Ford literature" so you can make advertisements and such. There are specific rules on how you are supposed to use it.. but suffice it to say--Just because the paper has a Ford Oval at the top... doesn't mean Ford Motor Company proper produced it.

Quick Reply: Fuel Savers Do the Work?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands