FEH Cat Converter Plugged

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: FEH Cat Converter Plugged

Originally Posted by Billyk
You and the orginal poster still have not stated the cost or reference to make E10? Where is it? Subsidies? Big oil received 3 billion in subsidies last year via http://www.americanprogress.org/issu...subsidies.html
That is a heck of a lot more than ethanol subidies and it doesn't include the military cost in the MidEast. This makes gasoline what-$10 gallon without the tax subsidies?

The oil companies do not reveal the additives mixed into their gasoline formula. Good luck in trying to obtain this. However, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see water vapor plumes from the exhaust pipe of vehicles that run on E0 and E10 and other.
I wasn't saying that H2O isn't produced, it is, and so is N2 as well as CO2. It is just that your original post indicated that gas was a particular formula, when the link had somewhat different information.

Ethanol subsidies: 6 Billion a year according to this article:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...l/7561119.html

RE: Oil subsidies: Sorry, I don't follow anything from the "Center for American Progress". The oil companies do need to be encouraged to search for oil. But personally I wouldn't mind if the subsidies were cut, because I am a free market person.

The military is in the mid east for terrorism fighting, not oil, so that one is out in my opinion.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jerry&Natalie
Great news Gary! I am very happy to hear that it worked out and under warranty.

I think that it's funny how you posted very real results from E10 and it turned into a thread about supporting terrorists. E10 is a poor choice. It costs too much to manufacture, fowls engines and in the end we will still run out of fossil fuel for it to be an additive to. Biodiesel is still a better choice for alternative fuel.

for those that doubt E10 and it's effects on internal combustion engines read this:

http://www.evinrude-parts.com/boat_e...recaution.html

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard...me_1_no_1.aspx
Thanks Jerry

I bought a new 2012 Ford Focus 4-DR SEL today for my youngest (19 yr old) Son to drive which has a 27/37 EPA rating. It has the Rapid Spec 302A package, so it's still nicely equipped with black on black leather and 17' alloyed wheels and 50R tires.

The Ethanol folks are soon to be flushed down the toilet and the scam they ran with big oil will follow. I say, go down with that burning ship you corrupt bastards! Is my new Focus E85 approved? Hell no!

GaryG

Old 05-25-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by GaryG
Thanks Jerry

I bought a new 2012 Ford Focus 4-DR SEL today for my youngest (19 yr old) Son to drive which has a 27/37 EPA rating. It has the Rapid Spec 302A package, so it's still nicely equipped with black on black leather and 17' alloyed wheels and 50R tires.

The Ethanol folks are soon to be flushed down the toilet and the scam they ran with big oil will follow. I say, go down with that burning ship you corrupt bastards! Is my new Focus E85 approved? Hell no!

GaryG
Gary-
Are you sure? Ford put out a press release saying it IS E85 approved.

"The 2.0-liter engine coming early next year to the North American version of the 2012 Ford Focus will be one of the first on the market to combine the technology of gasoline direct injection (DI) with twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT) and E85 flex fuel capability."

http://green.autoblog.com/2010/10/25...bility-estima/

Old 05-25-2011, 08:06 PM

Troops sent to the Mid East--
In the aftermath of Operation Desert Storm, the United States stationed 24,000 troops and 26 warships in the Persian Gulf on a long‐term basis to ensure continued access to Middle East oil and to promote regional security and stability—objectives

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/u-s-mil...#ixzz1NQGsMR00

The ethanol subsidies stated in your post are the direct and indirect cost. The Big Oil subsidies stated in my post are the direct subsidies. Indirect subsidies such as access to public land, federal tax code breaks, low royality fees, taxes paid on petro products to support the industry and the effect of pollution are not included. Other indirect cost of oil are found north of the border. Canada oil tar fields are our largest source of imported oil and processing this requires more water per gallon of oil than the ethanol plants use.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:39 PM

The 2.0L engine in the Focus is already E85 capable.

I swim quite well and don't plan on being flushed down anyone's toilet. The unsupported and incorrect posts on this site are the big scams.

Last edited by Billyk; 05-25-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:25 PM

The 2.0L engine in the Focus is already E85 capable.

I swim quite well and don't plan on being flushed down anyone's toilet. The unsupported and incorrect posts on this site are the big scams.
Well, my new 2012 Focus 2.0 DI says goodby to E20 - E85, so your still spinning around the bowl little guy.

GaryG

Old 05-25-2011, 10:07 PM

Troops sent to the Mid East--
In the aftermath of Operation Desert Storm, the United States stationed 24,000 troops and 26 warships in the Persian Gulf on a long‐term basis to ensure continued access to Middle East oil and to promote regional security and stability—objectives

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/u-s-mil...#ixzz1NQGsMR00

The ethanol subsidies stated in your post are the direct and indirect cost. The Big Oil subsidies stated in my post are the direct subsidies. Indirect subsidies such as access to public land, federal tax code breaks, low royality fees, taxes paid on petro products to support the industry and the effect of pollution are not included. Other indirect cost of oil are found north of the border. Canada oil tar fields are our largest source of imported oil and processing this requires more water per gallon of oil than the ethanol plants use.
Wrong war, that was 1992. Having served over there in the 1980s, I can tell you that the military presence in the Gulf far predated the full wars and is about security; for the region and the trade routes. All nations are concerned about the region.

I don't particularly care about subsidies for oil; unlike ethanol, it has a purpose.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by GaryG
Well, my new 2012 Focus 2.0 DI says goodby to E20 - E85, so your still spinning around the bowl little guy.

GaryG
Gary,
What about my post - Ford said the car was going to support E85. Are you going from the owner manual?

Old 05-26-2011, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by stevedebi
Wrong war, that was 1992. Having served over there in the 1980s, I can tell you that the military presence in the Gulf far predated the full wars and is about security; for the region and the trade routes. All nations are concerned about the region.

I don't particularly care about subsidies for oil; unlike ethanol, it has a purpose.
I can tell you first hand, the US Navy has a show of force in the Gulf water to ensure oil shipments are not cut off by countries such as Iran.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:30 PM

I can tell you first hand, the US Navy has a show of force in the Gulf water to ensure oil shipments are not cut off by countries such as Iran.
Yes, that is precisely my point. It has been happening since 1979, and is not connected to the current "wars" on the land.

Quick Reply: FEH Cat Converter Plugged

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands