Old 02-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: electronic stability control

yea because it's offered on all their other suvs

Old 02-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by highlanderhybrid
The Toyota Highlander Hybrid has it standard it's caleld VDIM and it's an intergrated software package, it includes Electronic Stability Control, ABS Brakes, Brake Assist with electronic brake force distrobution, and traction control.
And all Toyota SUV's have had electronic stability control since 2004
Ford just is too lazy to figure it out.
There's folks over in the HiHy forum writing about getting stuck in 4 to 6 inches of snow and the lovely software won't let 'em move. But it's not a real 4WD anyway is it?

Take Care,
Steve
Oregon

Old 02-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spud
There's folks over in the HiHy forum writing about getting stuck in 4 to 6 inches of snow and the lovely software won't let 'em move. But it's not a real 4WD anyway is it?

Take Care,
Steve
Oregon
I know lol, I read that. Thats horrible, it's the Traction control system. And no it's not real 4WD, thats why i didn't spend extra to get it. It's not real on the Escape either. All it is is a little 50KW electric motor on the rear axle that powers the back wheels, it's not a connected drive train tot he ICE so not much power at all back there. I know what real 4WD is, my 04" Tahoe had it with real limited slip differential locking and whatnot and it could go through anything. But I ddidn't need that, I just needed the room of the Tahoe. So I got the Highlander. But the Highlander nor the Escape hybrid is really meant for real off roading.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

I know lol, I read that. Thats horrible, it's the Traction control system. And no it's not real 4WD, thats why i didn't spend extra to get it. It's not real on the Escape either. All it is is a little 50KW electric motor on the rear axle that powers the back wheels, it's not a connected drive train tot he ICE so not much power at all back there. I know what real 4WD is, my 04" Tahoe had it with real limited slip differential locking and whatnot and it could go through anything. But I ddidn't need that, I just needed the room of the Tahoe. So I got the Highlander. But the Highlander nor the Escape hybrid is really meant for real off roading.

This was posted by Raven, kinda cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1iHGwj7MUA

The thread is: Escape Hybrid Offroad Fun

Steve
Oregon

Old 02-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

This is real offraod

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1858601206

That video was not offroad, I could do that in a Prius

Old 02-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yup, that's off roading in the Great PNW all right.

That video was not offroad, I could do that in a Prius
And be pulled outta trouble by an FEH!!

Steve
Oregon

Old 02-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

which would electrocute us all after going halfway under water. lol

Old 02-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The escape does NOT power the back wheels with only the electric from what I've read. And I don't see how it can. Both electric motors are in the eCVT up front, there isn't a separate one for the back axel or anything.... so how it would send power from the electric motor to only one pair of wheels is beyond my ability to comprehend.

The Highlander I believe does. That being said the 4WD system on the Escape is really an AWD system so I agree it is not really a true 4WD.

Last edited by TeeSter; 02-06-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeeSter
The escape does NOT power the back wheels with only the electric from what I've read. <snip> The Highlander I believe does. <snip>
TeeSter:

I think that's what he meant. At least that's how I took it.

Steve
Oregon

Old 02-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spud
TeeSter:

I think that's what he meant. At least that's how I took it.

Steve
Oregon
It wouldn't be the first time I screwed up...

Quick Reply: electronic stability control

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands