DTC P0A27 with Recall (maybe) Already Performed

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 12:49 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: DTC P0A27 with Recall (maybe) Already Performed

Unfortunately I returned the harness after I determined I wouldn't need it. But I did jot down the info needed to reverse-engineer the 7M6Z-14A303-B harness and took some photos of it. As mentioned before, I believe that the only thing this harness does is re-arrange the positions of the wires. Here is a diagram based on my notes. Hopefully you can build your own harness or clip the wires on either side of the existing connector and reconnect them with crimp connectors in a way that simulates this harness (looks like you only need to clip 4 of the 6 wires).

I'm not an electrical engineer so this is a bit amateurish. Let me know if you find any errors or anything is unclear. Unfortunately I don't know the colors of the wires on the other sides of the connector where this harness is inserted into; the wire colors shown are the ones internal to the harness. If anyone can get that info (a clear photo of the connector within the battery case might do), I'd be happy to add it to this diagram.

Good luck!

Last edited by zeerok; 07-16-2022 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-07-2022, 09:45 AM
Enthusiast

I think that's the wrong connector. I looked at the photos from my battery (see first post in this thread) and I see a 12-pin connector near the fans that is not the one in question. I remember that I couldn't fully access the 6-wire harness without removing the rear battery cover over the cells, so maybe look further back towards the BCM. In fact, I think someone earlier mentioned that you can get to the harness location without even removing the cover over the fans. Note that the fan connectors are 6-pin, but those are not the right connector either.

If you haven't already, probably a good idea to re-check the DTC codes to make sure that it's not something else triggering the Stop Safely Now.

Old 09-10-2022, 01:14 PM
Enthusiast

Yikes! Well the official 7M6Z-14A303-B harness wouldn’t have done you any good if there was no place to plug it into. I don’t know about the wire colors outside of the harness, but might be helpful to look through the photos that have been posted to this thread.

Also there is a wiring diagram and other info about the FEH HV battery here which might be helpful.

Good luck!

Old 09-11-2022, 09:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

If you want to have access to the factory wiring diagrams for your car, you can "rent" them on the Ford Motorcraft website. 72 hours for $21.95. Less than eight bux a day for three days, in other words, and they include ALL the manuals.

Go here and select your country and language if necessary and then click: "Service Info" from the horizontal bar at the top.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com
  • Workshop Manual
  • Wiring Diagram Manual (also referred to as EVTMs or Electrical Vacuum Troubleshooting Manuals)
  • Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) Manual
  • TSBs('94-Present)
  • Dealer bulletins for Field Service Actions (Recalls) ('88-Present) where available and applicable.
  • Access to the latest calibration information for emission-related modules.
  • Access to Vehicle Specific Information (available for last 10 model years)
  • Limited Vehicle Line coverage for 1994-Present model years

Hope this helps. If you want to know what the car is supposed to have for wiring and the TSBs, that's the place to go.

Last edited by AlexK; 09-11-2022 at 09:42 AM.