Ford Motor Company Ford, Mazda and Mercury hybrids

Ford P, U, C, B trouble code list I found

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 08:59 AM
Enthusiast
Default Ford P, U, C, B trouble code list I found

Maybe someone will find this useful if it hasn't already been posted. Found this while trying to find a scanner/code reader for the Escape "Wrench" light. Other than Autoenginuity, FORSCAN and IDS, can't find a simple tool that will read Ford specific or enhanced fault/trouble codes. As with others, my wrench light tends to be intermittent. Somehow at one point, I was able to determine I had a bad battery cooling fan. Replaced it and the wrench light went away. Maybe I'm getting the B1239 Battery blend door actuator fault, but don't have a way to pull the DTC's related to the wrench light.

https://www.tat.net.au/scandata/wiki...rd_Fault_Codes

Old 08-30-2020, 04:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford P, U, C, B trouble code list I found

You can verify blend door function via removal of the battery cooling air inlet filter. If it is blocked off directly below the filter, then the blend door is likely functional. If it's hot, and you can see through the opening below the filter, the blend door is likely not functioning.

Old 08-30-2020, 05:15 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
You can verify blend door function via removal of the battery cooling air inlet filter. If it is blocked off directly below the filter, then the blend door is likely functional. If it's hot, and you can see through the opening below the filter, the blend door is likely not functioning.
I don't recall ever seeing the blend door open while checking the battery fans, so I'm wondering what causes the door to open or close and is there a way to test the actuator?

Old 08-30-2020, 09:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Cooling circuit logic: If outside air is too hot and battery needs to be colder, close blend door and recirculate battery air through the evaporator to chill it.

Blend door failure usually results in door being open when the car wants it close.

Old 03-19-2021, 11:27 PM
Enthusiast

When I got the blend door error, the motor itself was working fine but I think the sensor that detects the door position was bad. I pulled out the air filter to watch the door operation while my partner was driving; the door moved as it should but the wrench light came on right after it moved. The error code went away after I replaced the motor unit. So, it seems that observing the door operation is not a sure-fire way to tell if the motor unit needs to replaced.

Out of curiosity, I took apart the defective motor unit to see how it works. The position sensor is just a set of thin brass tines that rub against some contacts on the circuit board smeared with some goop for lubrication. Seems like a delicate part susceptible to breakage and contamination.

Old 05-04-2024, 10:33 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dwinn
Maybe someone will find this useful if it hasn't already been posted. Found this while trying to find a scanner/code reader for the Escape "Wrench" light. Other than Autoenginuity, FORSCAN and IDS, can't find a simple tool that will read Ford specific or enhanced fault/trouble codes. As with others, my wrench light tends to be intermittent. Somehow at one point, I was able to determine I had a bad battery cooling fan. Replaced it and the wrench light went away. Maybe I'm getting the B1239 Battery blend door actuator fault, but don't have a way to pull the DTC's related to the wrench light.
If it's hot, and you can see through the opening below the filter, the blend door is likely not functioning.

Last edited by DeanMassye; 05-04-2024 at 10:49 AM.