Dealer gives me BAD news today

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Dealer gives me BAD news today

My salesman called me tonight and told me that the MMH I ordered in November is now backordered until April or May.
He used some term to describe what Ford called the situation, but he said it stems from the rising cost of gas.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Dealer gives me BAD news today

Wow, that's a bummer--especially when you hear stories of lots in California that have 10+ cars....

I take it you've searched around the area for other dealerships that have any in stock? We were lucky enough to walk into the dealership just as they got inventory of a "bluebird" MMH that was not pre-ordered with someone else's name on it already. It was actually still on the train from Kansas City to Denver when we made the deal. Ford's inventory system on the dealer websites seems to register cars when the dealership obtains title--even if they don't have physically have the car yet. Daily searching of dealerships within a 200 mile range would be a good idea IMO (unless you're committed to your current dealership).

Good luck!

Old 01-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

There is only one factory the Escape/Mariner hybrid or non-hybrid orginate from and that is located in/near Kansas City, Mo. Hope you can wait as other posters have mentioned 12-16 week waiting periods.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Billyk
There is only one factory the Escape/Mariner hybrid or non-hybrid orginate from and that is located in/near Kansas City, Mo. Hope you can wait as other posters have mentioned 12-16 week waiting periods.
The last update from the Merc dealer was 24-28 week wait.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:49 PM

Sounds like your order is not being prioritized if it's been placed. Do you have evidence that they've entered the order with Ford other than cashing a check from you?

Old 01-10-2008, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by D-mac
Sounds like your order is not being prioritized if it's been placed. Do you have evidence that they've entered the order with Ford other than cashing a check from you?
No.