Codes on all 4 coils with no end in sight

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 06:18 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Codes on all 4 coils with no end in sight

Originally Posted by Travis Davis
Thanks AlexK, Yea I hope this helps someone down the road. The Ford Escape Hybrid is a very good car and I think as we keep documenting our maintenance on them we will help dispel a lot of myths and really make them attractive to own for everyone!
I agree, and I wish Ford had just kept making this exact model for a few more years at least, but with the A/C system from the earlier models and the battery management and electric compressor from the later ones. I think from an engineering and overall construction and ease-of-maintenance point of view (and even luxury and features on the Limited models) it was one of the best cars Ford made in the past 20 years. Even my headlight lenses are still crystal clear when other cars this age are yellowed and cataracted. My '10 has 66,000+ miles on it now and I love driving it and still get 30+ MPG on the highway, and I drive rapidly. The battery is the only thing I probably can't keep running for another 5 years/100,000 miles at least. Ford had other priorities including introducing the Europeanized Escapes and Transit Connect models which are about as much fun to work on as an overheated nuclear reactor until the VERY latest model year, when they got the memo and eased up a bit.

Good luck with yours as well.

A

Last edited by AlexK; 09-09-2021 at 12:56 PM.