All good things must end....

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default All good things must end....

including the run of 12 consecutive tanks over 36 mpg. This was split between the '05 and the '06 and was about 6000 miles of driving. The warm weather this summer and fall was good. The cold weather has already been a killer but I've come to accept that. I'm sure I'll still do better this winter than last. Nothing to complain about.

And on that note, I've decided to say good bye to this site. It's time. I've had fun, learned a lot, hopefully shared what I have learned and maybe even created a laugh or two along the way. Time to let the new crop of owners have at it for a while. There is a ton of good information out there now and I guess I don't have anything to add anymore. I will probably lurk in the shadows and watch the board for issues/problems that pop up and if I have any problems with either of my FEH, I'lll definitely report back. Until then, best of luck everyone.

Had to laugh when I realized this was my 666th post .....how apropos.

If any of you find yourself in the Peabody, MA area, look me up.

Ray

Last edited by nitramjr; 11-05-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:01 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: All good things must end....

What is funny Ray is.... I had the exact same feeling today. With the colder temps, I've seen my MPG drop, and I had the thought... "I've proven time and time again what a great vehicle this is, and what great gas mileage it can get with extra effort. But I know I won't be breaking any records the next 7 months, and I'm tired of hypermileing anyway.... I want to just kick back and drive... turn the gauges off, and turn the radio up, and yes, actually use cruise control! And I actually floored it on a 2 lane country road today when a new Mustang wanted to pass me for doing the speed limit. Guess what? He couldn't keep up!"

I've added a ski rack, so cross bars plus the Yakima rack will be up there all winter. I've proven this creates a 2 MPG hit at highway speeds. I want better traction in snow, so I've lowered my tire PSI to about 37-38. This is another 1 MPG hit from where I usually run. But I now have loved ones going on ski trips with me, and I want to be safer. Nope. No new records from me for quite a while. Maybe for good? But who knows, this car always amazes me.

Don't be a stranger Ray... I know you think it's all been said, and we find ourselves repeating ourselves often now that this vehicle has been out two years, but I have always enjoyed talking with you.

Take Care,
Best Regards,
-John