Various cool FEH accessories

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Various cool FEH accessories

Ok, I've been browsing eBay too much lately, but these are some of the cool devices I encountered specificially "designed" for (or rather marketed as) FEHs.

1. Fog Lamp with cool-blue Ring Light
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MakeTrack=true

I like the blue ring light, but how hard do you guys think the installation will be?

2. RCA Input wire for Factory Radio
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

The idea of adding auxiliary RCA Audio input to stock radio is cool, but does it actually work? I don't see an AUX option on the stock radio, only "AM, FM and CD" so I doubt this would work properly?

3. LED turn signal accent lights

These are cool too, but I wonder also how difficult to route a cable from the side rear-view mirrors to inside, hopefully no drilling is required. Also, this probably requires tapping into the directional signal wire, hopefully this won't void the vehicle warranty too.

I'm not affiliated with any of these eBay sellers by the way

Old 11-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Various cool FEH accessories

Just an FYI, be careful with colored lights that are anything other than stock/standard colors. Most cities do not allow certain colored lights on anything other than law enforcement and fire vehicles. Here, blue is one of those colors, I believe.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Enthusiast

really cool finds... Thanks for the info!

Old 11-03-2006, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by greenhybrider
2. RCA Input wire for Factory Radio

The idea of adding auxiliary RCA Audio input to stock radio is cool, but does it actually work? I don't see an AUX option on the stock radio, only "AM, FM and CD" so I doubt this would work properly?
Is this for the standard radios, or for the Nav radio?

BTW, I am not sure if any of these things are hybrid model specific, regardless of their auction titles claiming such.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by GeekGal
Just an FYI, be careful with colored lights that are anything other than stock/standard colors. Most cities do not allow certain colored lights on anything other than law enforcement and fire vehicles. Here, blue is one of those colors, I believe.
Very good advise!

I remember the problems a few of my friends use to have. NY uses blue lights for volunteer fireman. Connecticut uses blue lights for their state police. Connecticut didn't tolerate vehicles from NY having blue lights on them, and use to give out tickets to them.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

I emailed the eBay seller, he actually said that they have discontinued the blue color, only now selling the RED or AMBER only. I guess this is to comply with various regulations? (I assume this is referring to the LED light installed either on the side mirrors or door panels, right?)

So my question now is, which is a better color? Red or Amber?

Last edited by greenhybrider; 11-03-2006 at 04:21 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 11-03-2006, 04:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

1. Fog Lamp with cool-blue Ring Light
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MakeTrack=true
I like the blue ring light, but how hard do you guys think the installation will be?
I emailed the seller asking how the halogen Fog lamp with blue-halo ring light would interface with FEH's stock lamp control, he replied with the following:

"you can hook the halo lamps up so the halos go on with the parking lights and the main halogen lamp goes on with your factory headlight or fog light controls."

Does his answer make sense? I just wanna make sure before I place an order for this Fog lamp.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:53 AM

So my question now is, which is a better color? Red or Amber?
Red will also get you in trouble in some states (like mine) unless it is a brake light or taillight or other rear-facing light. Amber should be fine as it is used on non-emergency vehicles like ice cream trucks, snow plows, and construction vehicles.

"you can hook the halo lamps up so the halos go on with the parking lights and the main halogen lamp goes on with your factory headlight or fog light controls."
with a couple relays you can easily do that setup. You just have to find the wires that power those lights and tap off it to switch the relay. You should take your power for the lights themselves from another source (like the fuse box). I would be curious as to how the additional power draw would affect the Message Center light status indicator.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:05 AM

Amber's fine here in Texas, too, or at least it was about 8 years ago when hubby and I were in a volunteer organization that provided transport for participants during bicycle races, fun runs, etc. We used to have an amber light bar on top of my hubby's old pickup truck. Used to leave it on top of the vehicle, and other than noticing drivers would slow down around us until they were certain we weren't law enforcement, we didn't have issues with it. Of course, we weren't driving around with it on and oscillating, but as a previous poster said, I see amber lights on construction vehicles and anything else that needs a little extra visibility ("Wide Load" vehicles, etc.)

Check your local regulations (Dept. of Motor Vehicles, Dept. of Public Safety, etc.) to be certain.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:41 AM

Many rear quarter panel side mounted street/parking lights are red and not just a few of them also blink with the turn signals. Personally I would go for amber mounted on the rear view mirrors but you do likely have a choice, legally.

Quick Reply: Various cool FEH accessories

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands