Good Year End Price

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 05:55 AM
Newbie Enthusiast
Default Good Year End Price

My wife and I bought a 2008 Silver Pine Mica Prius yesterday for her (to accompany my TCH). For Touring Package #6, we paid $25,700, just below Invoice Price on Edmunds. OTD price with tax and tags was $27,280. The dealer was motivated by the end-of-year rush and they had the car we wanted on the lot.

I am hoping to convince my wife to keep track of mileage for the database. It will be interesting to compare the Prius and TCH over the coming months.

We are both already annoyed by the beeping in reverse. Is there any way to disable this feature?

Happy New Year.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:24 AM
Engineering first
Talking Re: Good Year End Price

Now so much a 'welcome to the club' but CONGRATULATIONS!
Originally Posted by graybrid
My wife and I bought a 2008 Silver Pine Mica Prius yesterday for her (to accompany my TCH). For Touring Package #6, we paid $25,700, just below Invoice Price on Edmunds. OTD price with tax and tags was $27,280. The dealer was motivated by the end-of-year rush and they had the car we wanted on the lot.

I am hoping to convince my wife to keep track of mileage for the database. It will be interesting to compare the Prius and TCH over the coming months.

We are both already annoyed by the beeping in reverse. Is there any way to disable this feature?
There is a way to disable the reverse beep in a Prius:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/87788-post1.html

and this followup:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/87806-post2.html

GOOD LUCK!

Bob Wilson

Old 01-01-2008, 09:15 AM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS
Default Re: Good Year End Price

Congrats,
Your timing is very good.I expect that the Prius will once again be selling for very close to MSRP.Once gasoline hits $4/gallon,they will become much hotter sellers(not as hot as post Katrina,when gas was just $2.90 or so, but hot).The production of the Prius is up, but there will be another rush to FE vehicles,and the Prius is the best of the bunch in respect to FE,and in respect to being a potential USA road trip vehicle.You can stuff 2 adults,2 kids,and maybe a dog/cat in a Prius,and drive 500 miles without too many "kinks."
The Escape,and HH would be more comfortable, of course, but they are 15 and 20 mpg down in highway mpg.The HCH 2 doesn't have much cargo volume,so it really wouldn't be a great road trip vehicle(fine for 2 adults,2 kids, but no luggage/animals video games etc.)
Luck,
Charlie
PS-I expect that gasoline is just a Middle East "blip" or a Gulf Coast storm away for $4-$5 a gallon.We'll never see $2 again(maybe in 10 years if we develope alternative fuels,and energy sources-conservation)

Old 01-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Good Year End Price

We also bought a Super White Package 5 for 24,000 even, rang up to a little over 26k out the door. Invoice is $24,704, but dealers wanted to clear out cars before the new year begins. We bought ours on the 27th, and they still had 10-12 cars on the lot.