A/C problem appears to my ford escape 2005

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: A/C problem appears to my ford escape 2005

ill check the condenser, and ive checked the computer and there where no errors as the mechanics said !!
but today ive really noticed that the noise from the clutch when start, is it possible to be the clutch ??
and is the clutch separated from the compressor ??

Old 09-26-2010, 05:26 AM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by sweidans
ill check the condenser, and ive checked the computer and there where no errors as the mechanics said !!
but today ive really noticed that the noise from the clutch when start, is it possible to be the clutch ??
and is the clutch separated from the compressor ??
A disengaged clutch rotates on its own radial bearing till it's engaged.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Enthusiast

Good findings, that is what I was thinking, because some times start A/C soft, when short period off and some time really loud, after long rest. If you had same problem after replacing of condenser how you solved that. Bleed a little gas from the system?
Coupling not in option in my case, free rotation by hand, no signs of any wear, why it could happens right after recharging? So overcharge still could be the reason.
Battery fans running fine

Old 09-26-2010, 11:07 AM
rcj
Enthusiast

Hi - The only accuate way of knowing a/c charge level is to do a full Recovery, evac and recharge by WEIGHT with exactly the amount listed on decal in engine compartment. So don't guess, there's no room for the extra a/c gas. I was asking about the battery fans because I think Saleem did a mod to them. I 'am not sure I was clear enough to Saleem that it may be just overcharged and gave too much info, sorry for that

Last edited by rcj; 09-26-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

dear,
i tried to bleed some gas, but cooling of the A/C is so so so bad, i think the problem appears from the first time i charged the system with gas and the technician was unexperianced so he overcharged the system and i think he charged with much gas,

but now i charged it till i get the suitable cooling, and if it is overcharged then the safty valve will bleed gas automatically.

today ive tried to put my hand on the movable portion of the clutch - and the car is off - and ive tried to rotated it, ive noticed that each full rotation i hear a click, i dont know if that is normal !! what if the problem was just centering this portion of the clutch ??

i dont know, im so confused, by the way, i dont think that its the condenser problem, because now i have a good cooling, and before a while ive checked the air pressure in the front and rear lines - with the condensers - and it was flowing with no problems.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:35 AM
rcj
Enthusiast

Saleem- Go to post # 20 read it and please provide info requested so we have a idea what is happening. Stop venting the a/c gas to atmosphere and guessing, or put the qualified mechanic on.

Thanks

Old 09-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

ok dear i will, but i think im gonna buy a new compressor with clutch from the site in the past posts
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...%26+Drivetrain

but yousure that its the recommended compressor for my vehicle, right ??

and what other parts i need more ??? is there any ??

and can anyone give me the part number for the front and rear valves ( the front red one ) and the vavles connecting the rear condenser lines with the lines comming from the compressor ???

Old 09-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

and if u please, what is the part number for the HV battery cooling fans #1 and # 2
the whole unit ( motor + fans + case + wire connection ) ??

Old 10-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

hello again people

the sound appears from the clutch the reason was over fill of the freon but the compressor still weak and i have to get one, any ideas people ??