A/C problem appears to my ford escape 2005

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 03:49 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: A/C problem appears to my ford escape 2005

not sure of the safety valve, i have seen people mention that device but personally never seen that.
However if the valve did blow off r134 I think it woulld leave some amount of oil residue in that area.
Also look for oil leak around the compressor shaft as that would also show a worn compressor.
Usual proceedure is to ad certain amount of r134 by weight, I see you added by pressure so don't know it that matters, just the way we do it here in US.
If you can take of the fan belt try and see if there is wiggle on the compressor pulley, clutch bearings could be worn but I think they would be noisy with A/C off.
Not sure what you mean by electric motor.
Also the A/C on hybrid is really no different than normal car, you may try to look on the "Escape City"
bulletin board for more help
http://www.escape-city.com/index.php
good luck I'm sure you need a/c in Jordan

Old 09-21-2010, 06:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

ive noticed today that the noise comes from the clutch when start, ill check it tomorrow and tell u

and what i mean by electric motor is the 93 hose power electrical motor not the gas engine,

and i think that its a must to have am A/C in jordan, its really hot

Old 09-23-2010, 02:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

i think its the compressor failure, can anyone know how much it cost please, just the compressor with clutch without labor, the new and used ones if you please ??

Old 09-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Enthusiast

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?N=0&Nr=AND%28wpn_tl_name:Engine+%26+Drivetrain,wp n_cat_name:Heating\%2C+Air+Conditioning+%26+Compon ents,wpn_scat_name:A%2FC+Clutches\%2C+Compressors+ %26+Components%29

I am using this company when need parts, price seems to be Ok.
I Have same problem with A/C since recharging system after replacement of condenser. When soon after that I noticed noise during start up and went back to shop who recharged, with questions. After listening mechanic said that it is clutch. He said system could not be overfilled because it was charged by machine with proper amount of gas and even if somehow overfilled and generated excessive pressure the relief valve will be activated.
What I think, when A/C was working with low gas the valves inside compressor were overheated and have wear and tear, that allow gases come back to compression chamber during rest period and create difficulties while start up. Repair of compressor could cost more then to by new.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Enthusiast

-Seasons A/C Compressor Part Number: FS68144
Manufacturer Number: 68144

List Price: $341.06
Our Price: $289.03
You Save: $52.03
Quantity:

4-SEASONS A/C COMPRESSOR, NEW -- 6-groove, 2.50 in. gauge line A, O-ring manifold, tangent mount, 4-5/8 in. pulley diameter; With clutch; A high quality, direct fit OE replacement A/C compressor; With 2-year or 24,000-mile 4-Seasons warranty. Fit Note: With FS10 Compressor, With Clutch Condition: New
Fits the following 2005 Ford Escape submodels:

• 2005:Hybrid; 4 Cyl 2.3L; "ELECTRIC/GAS"
  • 2005:Hybrid; 4 Cyl 2.3L; "GAS"

Old 09-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

ok. so u got my problem, and it appears too when refilling the gas too, so i have to change the compressor,

can i ask u something about shipping the compressor to jordan, does this site ship equip. for international, as the middle east ??

Old 09-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Enthusiast

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/lp/bongo.html
They shipping International, Call them, Email, they have live chat also.

By the way my A/C still working good, I am trying keep them running non stop when it hot and do not use it without need.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

ive chated with them and they said that they stop sipping international, and thats sad to me,

anyway is your compressor kick a loud noise when it starts too ??

but is this thing can damage another things ?? im really confused

Old 09-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Enthusiast

They stop sipping international?
Have you seen in upper right corner of home page "Shipping International, BONGO International ?
"this thing can damage another things "
I am worry about Serpantine belt that can be damaged during hard start and after that cooling pump will stop cooling your engine.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:09 PM
rcj
Enthusiast

Hi - I agree with subdewd in post # 2, A/C possible overcharge. I learned a few things about these FEH which are different when I replaced the condenser. It might be worth trying this procedure before any repair to compressor. Do a recovery evac down to 200-400 microns and recharge with EXACTLY the amount of 134a per spec on label in engine compartment. Fill by weight only! not by pressure, and DO NOT put in any extra or what ever you are used to. Verify operation by pressure and get yourself an A/C p/t [pressure /temp] chart. Generally A/C fixed orfice cycling clutch systems cut out on low side press @ 32-34 psi [freeze point] but the FEH [frt evap fixed orfice, rear evap expansion valve] pulls it to around 19psi low side before it cuts out, the discharge pressure runs lower as well depending on ambient temp and load except when battery calls for cooling and passenger selector is in the OFF, PANEL VENT and FLOOR positions [any non a/c mode ] , compressor engages but the front evap solenoid stays closed since passenger cooling not required, all liquid 134a is sent to rear evap and as the battery evap expansion valve cycles and flows less than the front evap. The excess is stored in the high side system, so over charge = not enough room and compressor starts with high load and noise which will cause damage and or safety valve at compressor to discharge.
Hope some of this helps you. What is the status with your battery cooling fans?

When checking your A/C system tell us what is happening -

engine operating temp-
low side press- idle and/@ 1600-2000rpm
high side press- idle and/@ 1600-2000rpm
ambient air temp-
battery temp-
MAX A/C on
interior blower on high
clutch on/off time @ idle and @1600-2000rpm

Last edited by rcj; 09-27-2010 at 06:01 PM. Reason: grammer

Quick Reply: A/C problem appears to my ford escape 2005

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands