Blower Motor One Speed 2010 FEH Limited

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2021, 07:35 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Blower Motor One Speed 2010 FEH Limited

[UPDATE: Something is definitely screwy and it "feels" like the blower motor speed control pack going bad. I got in the car this afternoon and the speed control worked properly for about ten minutes and then reverted to the behavior described below. I have to put FORScan on it and read the DTCs but I'm betting Blower Motor Speed Control part number 19E624.]

I got in the FEH yesterday and when I started the car, the blower motor went to super-high speed, then in about 1 second dropped down to slightly lower but still high speed and stayed there. The speed control no longer works through its nine (digital) positions on the center console. If you turn the climate control OFF, you hear the fan speed up for about one second, to what I guess is the highest of the high speeds, and then it turns completely OFF.

If you turn it back on, same thing: first it jumps to Gale Force and then falls back one notch after one second, and stays there. So it's stuck on what seems to Level 7 or 8 of the digital speed control.

I did some looking and found the blower motor resistor. However, my car has the dual-zone EATC system with the Nav. and Limited, not the EMTC single-zone system. So I think the part I'm looking for is not the regular blower motor resistor (four speed + off fan) but the more complicated "Blower Motor Speed Control" unit - the 19E624 part number, like this one:

Amazon Amazon

That seems to be the unit on the cars with the EATC dual-zone climate control. Can anyone verify? I will take a look in the glove box later today and see which one it looks like, they're different.

In short, my heater still works and I can select the vents, upper/lower and/or defrost. But the buttons that control the speed in concert with the little LED display in the center console no longer do anything. 1 Bar or 9 Bars the fan turns the same speed. The only thing that works is OFF to turn it completely OFF.

I want to get this fixed fast. Thanks for any help!

Last edited by AlexK; 12-13-2021 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-24-2021, 02:55 PM
Default Re: Blower Motor One Speed 2010 FEH Limited

Update: I didn't do anything for a couple of days and it's working the way it should. It could very well be that the speed control is going bad, but right now it's still working and I'm not going to buy a new module until it stops.

Old 12-25-2021, 11:14 PM

Ford 9L3Z-19E624-B (YH-1827) is the correct part number. The Amazon part you linked to is not. For future reference, Ford Parts Giant is an excellent resource for locating part numbers, especially if you enter your VIN.

Last edited by GatorJ; 12-26-2021 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-30-2021, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by hailey grace
isn't it better to get it from your dealer ?
That's the best way and even on a budget it's not a bad idea to try, considering the number of counterfeit substandard parts available on the interwebs. This is an electronic module and if I decide to buy one I'll probably call a Ford dealer first. So far, mine has returned to normal and is working. I'd rather have a genuine Motorcraft part if I replace it. I am not preternatually biased against dealer parts unless the price is exorbitant.

Old 12-30-2021, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by AlexK
That's the best way and even on a budget it's not a bad idea to try, considering the number of counterfeit substandard parts available on the interwebs. This is an electronic module and if I decide to buy one I'll probably call a Ford dealer first. So far, mine has returned to normal and is working. I'd rather have a genuine Motorcraft part if I replace it. I am not preternatually biased against dealer parts unless the price is exorbitant.
I am preternaturally biased in favor of OEM parts and, for an electrical part such as this, would not even consider aftermarket. If it says "Dorman," it does not go near one of my vehicles. One area where I do generally go aftermarket is with the brakes...I like to upgrade to EBC pads and rotors along with upgrading the brakelines to stainless steel braided lines.

Old 01-26-2022, 07:45 AM

Update: I bought the Motorcraft part for $67.19 with shipping, it looks legit. It's been frigid here and I'm hoping to do the install later today or tomorrow. There are substitutes/knock-offs for $35-45 dollars but I don't want to burn out my blower motor or anything else so I bought the FoMoCo. I called several salvage yards (but did not drive to any pick and pulls - too cold right now) and nobody knew what I was even talking about. I think this is because 1) Salvage yards cannot look up parts by OEM part numbers and 2) This isn't really just a resistor, it's called a "Speed Control" in the workshop manual, and it only comes on the cars with dual-zone CC. The other cars with the four-speed fan use a different, flat planar resistor assembly. So these are relatively uncommon and the salvage yards I talked to had no clue.

Note that these are MADE IN MEXICO - not China. More forthcoming.

Blower Motor Speed Control - 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited w/Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control Made in Mexico P/N 9L3Z-19E624-B (YH-1827)

Last edited by AlexK; 01-26-2022 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-22-2022, 09:22 PM

UPDATE: The unit shown above is correct and solved the problem. The fan speed control now functions properly at all its levels.