2021 Ford Escape manual park override

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2022, 12:38 PM
Enthusiast
Question 2021 Ford Escape manual park override

Greetings,

I just bought a 2021 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid. I bought it on an auction and imported it to Georgia (the country). Even though auction said that it had a key, it does not came with it. Furthermore, it was not seen on pictures, but the PCM was also hit and a long story short, the car does not start for now. I have ordered a new (junkyard) PCM with the same part number and a new key, which will be programmed later, but it takes more than 2 weeks to receive these new parts.

Problem now is that I want to put the car in neutral and I cannot seem to find any information on how to put Hybrid version of 2021 escape in neutral manually. I know that gasoline versions have a special latch under the dashboard on driver's side, that allows you to put the car in neutral manually when you pull it, but I checked and my car does not have that latch (I looked on the web, read the manual and turns out, Hybrid versions do not have it at all).

So my question is - is there anyway I can manually override the park position and put the car in neutral?

Any advice will be really appreciated.

Old 02-13-2023, 12:37 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2021 Ford Escape manual park override

Good info. But why does this Explorer have Aviator mirrors? (It looks good with them).

Kodi nox

Last edited by Alisad; 02-14-2023 at 06:54 AM.