'09 FEH Techniques

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Imported from Detroit
Default Re: '09 FEH Techniques

Originally Posted by GaryG
Here is where I started getting interested in the '09 FEH and DFSO became an issue:

"Idle-stop and start events are much quicker, and enable greater efficiency with as many as two times the starts and stops in a given driving cycle as the previous system. The quicker engine shut-downs and pre-positioning (for the next start) also reduces O2 build-up in the engine’s catalyst. Decel Fuel Shut-Off (DFSO) mode and electric-only mode have also been expanded."
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2008...reviews-n.html

This was 2/14/08 6 months earlier and I confirmed my '09 had DFSO in July of '08. Your right though, some '09 gas versions like your '09 3.0L got DFSO beginning the '08 year and '09 model.

GaryG
Gary:

Yep, your find is earlier than mine. So far, I haven't found DFSO mentioned in any of the '09 manuals, the shop manual covers the FEH also. I wish these manuals would go into more detail on everything.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
On second thought.... I'm not going to try and take away the one joy in your life... the one thing you are proud of in your life.... you're absolutely right.... you were the best out of 3 FEH drivers at HybridFest 2007.

Congratulations. Enjoy.

( deleted information that was too personal )
Shame on you! Debbie Katz has the second best MPG average in the FWD FEH besides my recorded '09 FEH average. Rich has the best AWD average to date at that time. These are the best of the best and sorry, you're not included.

The crap you posted and changed later went out to anyone who posted to this thread in an e-mail. What I did in the past was for the protection of the public on matters of public concern. Better check with your attorney on the liability of your post and GH!

GaryG

Last edited by GaryG; 06-04-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Today I was on I-95 doing between 60 - 65mph and I did a lot of fuel-cut during decel and I noticed it took ~3 seconds to go open loop any time I let off the gas pedal.
GaryG
I notice the same delay but not all the time (less than 50%). Assumed it was some lag with the SGII.

What was your SoC when you were getting fuel-cut over 60mph? Just curious, I'm still seeing no Open Loop or 9999 coasting when SoC is below 46.

Thanks,

Rick

Last edited by rmcmast; 06-07-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rmcmast
I notice the same delay but not all the time (less than 50%). Assumed it was some lag with the SGII.

What was your SoC when you were getting fuel-cut over 60mph? Just curious, I'm still seeing no Open Loop or 9999 when SoC is below 46.

Thanks,

Rick
You could code up a loop xgauge and select it in addition to the built-in loop xgauge. One of them will be blank but the other will update much faster due to the additional requests being made. That way you may be able to determine whether it's the SG or the FEH that is causing the delay.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DesertDog
You could code up a loop xgauge and select it in addition to the built-in loop xgauge. One of them will be blank but the other will update much faster due to the additional requests being made. That way you may be able to determine whether it's the SG or the FEH that is causing the delay.
Thanks! I'll check it out and report back.

-- Rick

Old 06-07-2009, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by rmcmast

What was your SoC when you were getting fuel-cut over 60mph? Just curious, I'm still seeing no Open Loop or 9999 coasting when SoC is below 46.

Thanks,

Rick
Rick, I'm sure since I was on I-95 the SoC was above 46% but watching Soc at highway speeds is not a priority for me. I was going open-loop in 3 seconds 100% of the time like clockwork at decel doing 60-65mph. I think the 3 second 0pen-loop delay is normal just like the older FEH takes 3 seconds to go EV at 30mph.

Carl, is it possible my fuel-cut setting at 17 was not letting the SGII Instant MPG go to 9,999mpg? I thought at 60-65mph the idle was not getting down low enough for that fuel-cut setting and why I only showed 200-350mpg. I see full 9,999mpg and open-loop at slower speeds above 40mph.

Rick, I know I get 100% fuel-cut in "L" when the engine will not shutdown because the SoC is below 42%. I just don't think 46% SoC is required to get 100% fuel-cut in "D" but I'll double check the next time I take out my '09. I'll go now and put a note on my steering wheel to verify it then. I just get caught up with mileage and traffic as soon as I turn the key.

GaryG