08 Speaker Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default 08 Speaker Replacement

I'm a newbie (just got my 08 AWD yesterday) and wanted to ask about replacing the factory door speakers.

Is it easy enough to do myself? Are there some good instructions anywhere online? I've been googling a lot and haven't found much.

Thanks,
Todd

Old 07-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 08 Speaker Replacement

Mine is an 06, but it took me probably five minutes to remove each front door panel & the rears are even easier.

The only problem you may have is, the plastic clips that hold the panel on may break & require replacement (I bought extras for that reason).

~John

Old 07-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks. Nice mods.

Which retainer clips do you recommend? After a quick search, it looks like there's a lot of different kinds.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:42 AM

I'm pretty sure these are the right ones, but I would have to check at home to be sure (I am at work)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/25-Do...spagenameZWDVW

~John

Old 07-12-2007, 09:01 AM
rb1
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tommyball
I'm a newbie (just got my 08 AWD yesterday) and wanted to ask about replacing the factory door speakers.

Is it easy enough to do myself? Are there some good instructions anywhere online? I've been googling a lot and haven't found much.

Thanks,
Todd

It'll be interesting to see if aftermarket speakers are significantly better, especially if you don't change the location of tweeters (in door panels, along with the midrange).

Old 07-12-2007, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by jmorton10
I'm pretty sure these are the right ones, but I would have to check at home to be sure (I am at work)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/25-Do...spagenameZWDVW

~John
John..... Mines an '06 too. What speakers did you use? Did you have to modify anything in the door panel? Was it a big difference? Knowing typical factory speakers I imagine it was a big difference.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by rb1
It'll be interesting to see if aftermarket speakers are significantly better, especially if you don't change the location of tweeters (in door panels, along with the midrange).

Yea, that is a horrible acoustic location for the tweeters, I would certainly add component speaker & move the tweeters up where they're supposed to be if I changed the speakers in an 08......

~John

Old 07-12-2007, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by TeeSter
John..... Mines an '06 too. What speakers did you use? Did you have to modify anything in the door panel? Was it a big difference? Knowing typical factory speakers I imagine it was a big difference.
I used Infiniti separate component speakers with the tweeters mounted in the sail panels. I did not have to modify anything in the doors.

It made a huge difference in sound quality, but I added a killer 4 channel MTX AMP & Dynamat Extreme at the same time also (along with my Eclipse NAV/DVD head unit)

~John

Old 07-12-2007, 10:25 AM
rb1
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmorton10
Yea, that is a horrible acoustic location for the tweeters, I would certainly add component speaker & move the tweeters up where they're supposed to be if I changed the speakers in an 08......

~John
The left sail panel doesn't have space in the '08s, so the tweeters would pretty much HAVE to go in some other location. Maybe somewhere near the door latch?

Since you also changed your stereo from the factory to the Eclipse when you changed the speakers, a part of the superior performance might also be from better electronics in the new stereo, right?

Old 07-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

Well I got the AWD base model and had planned on installing a new head unit and speakers but after finally getting my car (I only test drove models with the Nav System) I want to wait to see if Crutchfield comes out with any 08 installation kits. The stereo is fairly close to the climate controls and I don't feel comfortable fabricating a new panel just yet...so... I'll just start with the speakers.

Any special considerations when disconnecting/reconnecting the batteries for a speaker installation aside from what is mentioned in the owners manual regarding relearning the brake position and idle/fuel trim?

Thanks,
Todd

Quick Reply: 08 Speaker Replacement

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands