08 FEH, high revs when hill climing

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2023, 05:19 AM
Enthusiast
Default 08 FEH, high revs when hill climing

Son called me from across the country and said it seems that when he is driving up hill, car revs really high like up to 5500 rpms to climb the hill. Not exactly sure about the condiditons as i have not driven car in nearly 2 years. Just curious if others have experienced this and what caused it. Thinking maybe the ICE is working harder to accelerate now if battery pack is getting weaker and electric motor is adding less boost?

Old 08-04-2023, 06:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 08 FEH, high revs when hill climing

Originally Posted by ugmw177
Son called me from across the country and said it seems that when he is driving up hill, car revs really high like up to 5500 rpms to climb the hill. Not exactly sure about the condiditons as i have not driven car in nearly 2 years. Just curious if others have experienced this and what caused it. Thinking maybe the ICE is working harder to accelerate now if battery pack is getting weaker and electric motor is adding less boost?
This, and it depends on the hill. A steep incline over a long distance will tap out any battery. Recommend he get Forscan and check the BCM data.

Old 08-06-2023, 02:02 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks, not sure he has the understanding to do the Forscan stuff. I assume BCM is battery control module data?

THanks

Old 08-06-2023, 02:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Thanks, not sure he has the understanding to do the Forscan stuff. I assume BCM is battery control module data?

THanks
http://www.forscan.org - it's a very inexpensive purpose-built tool that yields near professional level diagnostics.

Yes. BCM is the computer that monitors the battery and interfaces with the PCM for hybrid system management

Old 09-25-2023, 10:37 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

It's pretty normal if you are heavy on the pedal on hills coupled with driving at a high rate of speed on hills.

Without being there, the odds are it was normal for what was being asked of it. It's a small, low torque engine.