Update On Previous Post; Prius Nav. System Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Update On Previous Post; Prius Nav. System Problems

UPDATE AS OF 2/05/2008 FROM TOYOTA CUSTOMER CARE? NO, NOT REALLY!
A supervisor just contacted me today, and had the audacity to tell me "while it is unfortunate you are experiencing difficulties with your Factory Navigations System, (yeah like it doesn't know my home street address, so it can't give me turn by turn directions anywhere) Toyota WILL NOT Make Update Discs available to you FREE. Update discs are 'customer pay' items". So much for Toyota Quality & Customer Care?
It is obvious to me that the money I paid for this Navigation System, WAS A COMPLETE WASTE, AS THEY HAVE NO INTENTION OF GIVING ME UPDATES!

So if you are gonna get a Prius DON'T BOTHER GETTING THE NAV. SYSTEM!

It is interesting to also note that while my wife was at Office Depot, she input our home street address into both a Tom Tom, and a Magellon Nav. System and both accepted the address and gave her turn by turn navigation to our home, with no problem at all.
Do yourselves a favor and Save Money, BUY THE AFTERMARKET NAVIGATION SYSTEMS!

I genuinely feel "just so violated" of being ripped off by Toyota!

So, as they say, and it surely rings true in this instance with Toyota, "BUYER BEWARE"

Old 02-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Update On Previous Post; Prius Nav. System Problems

Your problems will be solved by setting your home location via present position, while in your driveway. Or using your home's lat/long. coordinates as your home location. That can be gotten off the compass mode screen. Once the waypoint is set in memory, it's just like having inputted using your address and you can then navigate to home as a destination.