Seat Squeak

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Seat Squeak

I have posted this in other forums and threads but still don't have an answer.

I have a terrible squeak in the passenger seat when it is not used and the temps are cool. I think I have found about where it is coming from but I can't figure out how to take the side of the seat apart. The plastic cover has one area that uses a clip that you can't pop out. Others have just broke it off but I would rather not do that. I wonder what dealerships do? I believe two separate plastic parts are rubbing under the plastic cover. The squeak is so annoying it is driving me nuts. I would rather not let dealership service goons touch my vehicle as they allows seem to scratch things up or forget to install screws and bolts. I am sure I can fix the issue if I can get to it.

I need your help here folks.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: Seat Squeak

Originally Posted by Resist
I have posted this in other forums and threads but still don't have an answer.

I have a terrible squeak in the passenger seat when it is not used and the temps are cool. I think I have found about where it is coming from but I can't figure out how to take the side of the seat apart. The plastic cover has one area that uses a clip that you can't pop out. Others have just broke it off but I would rather not do that. I wonder what dealerships do? I believe two separate plastic parts are rubbing under the plastic cover. The squeak is so annoying it is driving me nuts. I would rather not let dealership service goons touch my vehicle as they allows seem to scratch things up or forget to install screws and bolts. I am sure I can fix the issue if I can get to it.

I need your help here folks.
Piece of cake:
  • Slide the seat forward and remove the two bolts holding the rear seat rail
  • Slide the seat back and remove the two bolts holding the front seat rail
  • Disconnect the side-impact air-bag connector
  • Put seat in rear
  • Buy a spray can of silicon lubricant

Visit auto and collision repair centers and ask them "How much to remove the seat cover, spray everything with this can of silicon spray, and put it back together again?" Leave the seat and pay them when you come back. Reinstall the seat.

Bob Wilson

Old 04-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Seat Squeak

Ha ha, you are such a funny guy.

But seriously, I need real help here.