Resetting the Maintenance Light

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Enthusiast
Default Resetting the Maintenance Light

Can anyone confirm the following :

In order to reset the Maintenance light perform the following---
While the car is on ---Odometer indicator on (visable --not the trip)
Depress and Hold the Odometer/Trip button and turn the car off then on while depressing the button. The Maintenance light should turnoff.

Old 01-31-2006, 03:59 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Resetting the Maintenance Light

Funny, the dealers that have changed my oil in the past have reset this light and I have never done it myself, but I dno't think the sequence is correct.

Better check the manual, it is correct.

However, you have to make sure that when you do go to reset it that the vehicle comes on with the odo display already up. So, the start of the procedure is to bring the car to IG-ON. Adjust the display to odo and then turn off.

Then, while holding the odo switch down, bring the car to IG-ON. The reminder light will flash through this procedure. The odo should fill up with dashes and then count down to none and then return to a mileage display and the maintenance light will be off and reset for another 5k.