Prius sightings

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 07:32 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Prius sightings

Are Prius cars popping up like daisies?
After not seeing a Prius for a few months, all of a sudden I've seen them almost every day, sometimes twice a day and is a welcome sight.
Nice to see them on my favorite time of the year.

I wonder if they have finally resolved the production problem and delivering more cars or just my good luck?

Old 03-29-2005, 07:37 PM
Site Founder

I don't see them every day here in Orlando, but it's becoming more and more a commonplace sight. Perhaps a few times a week?

Old 03-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Enthusiast

I saw two today... one was in the parking lot of an office near an intersection I was stopped at, and the other was a 2004 that was awaiting delivery at the local dealer.

Still none to test drive! The dealer also said there was already an 9 month waiting list for the hybrid Highlander.

p

Old 03-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Default Sightings

I think I mentioned this in another thread somewhere that I recently saw an Insight driving through my town of Hoschton,Ga.

I was as suprised as if you were to watch an old Andy Griffith rerun and see one truck'in through Mayberry!

If I wasn't on my way to work I'd chase them to see where they go!

Last edited by Hot_Georgia_2004; 03-30-2005 at 12:24 AM.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:41 PM

I'm seeing more Prius as well steve, 2-4 a week. I still see more HCH's though, 1-3 a day.

Old 04-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Prius sightings

I see 1 (other than mine) every morning. It's a woman who has the opposite commute as me and I pass her every AM. There is also another parked in front of the library several times a week. I usually see a few others here and there.
It was kind of funny last week, I was driving down the highway and saw another Prius, she got behind me and followed me, then another Prius came up, so there were 3 Gen II Prii in a row. It was pretty cool.

Old 04-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Enthusiast

From a Detroit News article.
Talking about March auto sales:
Toyota Motor Corp. said its gas-electric Prius hybrid, which gets around 55 miles per gallon on the highway, had its best-ever sales of 10,236 vehicles.

Old 04-04-2005, 12:40 AM
Enthusiast

Hey, when you do see Priuses (wow, what's the correct plural form?) driving around, do you try to wave to the drivers? Sounds a little dorky but I'd like to try to start this little inside tradition...what do you guys and gals think?

Old 04-04-2005, 07:33 AM
Enthusiast

I live in Arkansas, and I think I have seen maybe one or two in the past year. It is going to be nearly impossible for the "good-ole-boys and girls" down here to give up their gas sucking SUV's and 4 x 4's. Yes, I admit I am one of them. But, at $50 a pop to fill up the tank, it just isn't worth it.

Only two more days until I get my new Prius. I cannot wait!!!!!!

Old 04-04-2005, 03:41 PM

Hi All:

___I didn’t see any Prius II’s today but I did see 2 HCH’s within a mile or two of one another on I-94 near Half-Day road on this evenings ride home. I have never seen 2 HCH’s in one day other then at a Group Meet or in pics so this was a first for me.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Quick Reply: Prius sightings

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands