New Prius owner here...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default New Prius owner here...

I saved up for years to buy a Prius. I've been driving the same ol' Toyota Previa van for 10 years now, so I thought I was entitled to a brand spankin' new vehicle. What better than the Prius? Preachin' to the choir, I know.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: New Prius owner here...

Most Excellent! . . . Welcome to the CLUB!

We've got a FAQ with lessons learned (or things not printed in the Owner's Guide.) Hopefully, it'll give you some ideas.

Also, we've got a pretty good database for tracking and learning what works and doesn't work. However, I wouldn't worry about the "dealer tank," the first one is always pretty ugly, just record the gas you buy.

Feel free to bring up anything of interest. Folks here are pretty good about sharing and we're always interested in new stuff. We're not so jaded (Ok, I'm not so jaded) as to believe we've learned all there is to know.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Old 08-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Enthusiast

Cool picture. Nice car. Congratulations. Happy motoring.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Welcome aboard DW Dobbs and happy stealthing.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks guys, I'm eager to learn more about everything hybrid. That picture of the next gen prius look sexy!

Old 08-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on saving up to buy the Prius! Good for you- and I hope you just love it. I'm sure you will, in fact. Nice shot of the car, too.

If you're looking for information on 'everything hybrid' then you have come to the right place, my friend. For some posters here, hybrid is a way of life! People are full of information; we might not always agree (the perennial argument- Civic Hybrid or Prius? - is an example) but if you have any questions, just ask. Often, when I was a new hybrid driver, before I even had the chance to post a thread about something, someone else asked and answered my question and the answers were here already. It's a great place.

Best of luck to you, and congrats again.