MFD Mileage - Tainted!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: MFD Mileage - Tainted!

Originally Posted by philmcneal
hm i'm not sure if i did this right... but i resetted my trip A and then resetted my MFD and then now five days later the trip A and the MFD is off apart by 30 km! . . .
That is wierd. Next time it happens, post the respective distances. It almost sounds like what might happen if one were recording miles and the other km.

Bob Wilson

Old 10-31-2006, 04:36 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: MFD Mileage - Tainted!

>>Since 2004 the Prius mfd has automatically reset distance and mpg after
>>a certain amount of fuel has been added. About 3 gallons I guess.

This issue was at the heart of my original post. I read the manual for the car and it talked about resetting after fuel was added, but that is not how mine was working. On my first 2 fillups, I added 8 and 9 gallons. About 30 seconds after starting back up, the # Miles on the MFD reset, but the MPG calculation did not. It stayed right where it was prior. That's why I asked the question whether people were resetting the MFD on their own or were using it as a "lifetime" MPG calculation.

Has anyone else experienced this discrepancy in what the manual describes versus what actually happens at fillup?

John