iPod options

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Enthusiast
Default iPod options

I have a 2007 Touring Model with option package 2. My question is whether there are better, alternate ways to use my iPod rather than simply plugging in via the audio jack into auxiliary port. In an ideal world, I would like a method or after-market product that lets me see my iPod controls (song playing, etc) on the Prius screen. Much more simply, it would be nice if, when you power down the Prius, the iPod powers down as well. Anyone hack in and do anything interesting here?

Old 09-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: iPod options

Other than opening up the dash and splitting wires the only other way would be through your radio. Neither though provides for Prius on screen iPod controls.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Enthusiast

I just bought a 2007 Prius with 15,000 miles on it, and it had an i-pod connector in the storage space below the radio. It works, but you can't see the selections, and it doesn't turn off when the Prius is turned off. It does charge the i-pod, however, and that's a good thing.

I don't know the brand, or how it was installed.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The 2007 Prius does not come with an iPod connector in the space below the radio, so the previous owner must have had it installed.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Enthusiast

Right, it looked like it wasn't factory installed. It's just a wire with an i-pod end on it. Really, it doesn't seem that much better than the i-pod in the console with a line out. However, you can change tracks on the steering wheel with it.