Feedback to Toyota about Nav and Phone Lockout

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Feedback to Toyota about Nav and Phone Lockout

I really like my new Camry and Prius. I really hate the lockout of major areas of the nav and phone system.

The disabling of core features while the car is in motion creates a worse hazard than the features themselves.

I sent the following to Toyota via their website:

I own both a 2007 Camry and Prius. Although they are terrific cars, the lockout of key features of the navigation and phone systems while the vehicle is in motion is arbitrary and dangerous.

I assume that the rational for locking out the features is that they are distracting. This is absurd. Everything in the navigation system is a distraction.

The voice recognition system is technically impressive but horrible in actual use and becomes the worst distraction of all.

Finally, let me give you a real life example of how distracting you have made the system. Before you can use the system, you force the acceptance of a ridiculous agreement. If you accidentally press another language, you are stuck listening to someone talk to you in that language. Good luck figuring out how to fix that while you are driving.

I could go on and on about your poor decision to listen to your lawyers instead of your customers. You have, in fact, created a more dangerous system that negatively impacts my opinion of Toyota.

Yours,

Will Mayall
If you feel the same way, please send your feedback to Toyota. You can send Toyota feedback at:

Send Toyota Feedback via Email