display colors for battery

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Enthusiast
Default display colors for battery

I'm a new Prius owner, not even had my first tank of gas. I notice that the battery symbol on the display is mostly blue but at times turns green. It seem to turn green when the battery symbol is almost full. Is that normal? Are those warnings for me to do something?

I've been reading other threads and there is lots of good information. Thanks for the site.

Allen

Old 08-28-2005, 09:23 AM
Site Founder
Default Re: display colors for battery

You are correct in that green means it's near maximum charge and pink is near minimum charge, but the Prius actually always keeps the battery charge away from the extreme capacities. For instance, a "full" battery with all green bars really isn't full at all. This increases battery longevity.

There's nothing different you'll need to do. Typically, if it's green your car will draw extra power from the battery. You'll notice you can stay in EV mode longer. When it's pink, you'll typically be using the engine almost nonstop.

Old 08-28-2005, 11:30 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: display colors for battery

Very interesting. I'll keep and eye on it and one on the road.