disappointed with the 2010 prius

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: disappointed with the 2010 prius

The solar package is simply, pure and simple, a marketing GIMMICK..!!

Yes, it is functional but the aftermarket for that has been around forever an also WORKS.

Old 09-03-2009, 04:24 PM
SFG
Enthusiast

May I add simply that I am quite pleased with my 2010 Prius. It is what it is meant to be - a fully equipped, clean burning, easy on the wallet hybrid. It is not meant to be, nor is it an 80k BMW or MB. If you want them, you go and buy them. As for me, I like the Prius. The worst thing I could say about it is that other drivers are more aggressive when they are behind me.

Why more people don't have the Prius is beyond me. For 22k, it is a steal.

Old 09-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

DH just got one...Now we're a two hybrid family. He LOVES it

Old 09-05-2009, 04:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by krispykreme

Although i got to say the powertrain is smoother than the camry hybrid. We drove the camry hybrid as well. Often when gasoline engine kicks in the car would shake (drove two, and both has same problem).
I own a 2007 TCH. I found the engine surged some when it kicked in till it was completely broke on somewhere around 8000 miles.

I also helped the problem by changing to the mobil one full synthetic 0W-20 oil on my first oil change. That was at 5000 miles and from then on. The 0W oil also gave me about 2 mpg better gas mileage.

I found the Camry is quieter than many cars I have been in. I also stick to michelin tires as they seem to ride smooth and are quieter. If you buy new check to see what comes on the car. The dealers will sometimes pulls a set from another new car just so you will buy the car you want.

I ordered mine and told the sales manager that I would not accept the car unless it had the new (then) Energy S8 tires on it. Sweating when he walked out to have a look and it had the michelins when it arrived at the dealer.

A newer better tire is available, the michelin energy saver A/S tire. A/S stands for all season. The ad on the tire says it will give a extra 8% better gas mileage.

Last edited by rburt07; 09-05-2009 at 04:52 AM.