Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 05:32 AM
Enthusiast
Default Consumption or Energy?

Which screen do you prefer?

Old 10-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Consumption or Energy?

I usually watch the energy screen. I use it as a tool to maximize fuel efficiency, monitoring the status of energy transfer between the engine, motors, and battery. I'll occasionally and briefly switch to the consumption screen to see how I've done.

Jim

Old 10-06-2006, 05:10 AM
Nut

I watch the consumption screen. The single bar to the right that displays current consumption (delayed 3 seconds) is easier to see out of the corner of my eye than the number at the bottom of the energy screen.

Also, watching the overall mpg for the trip helps me be aware of the consequences of my driving, e.g., quick acceleration or high speed drives the mpg down.

I tried watching the energy screen and I drove myself nuts trying to keep the ICE from spinning. Then I noticed that the ICE can spin and I can still get 75 mpg. So I stopped trying to outguess the computer on that issue.

The only time I watch the energy screen is when I'm on a flat stretch driving 35-40. Then I try to feather the accelerator and run on battery.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Enthusiast

I watch both screens - consumption and energy - back and forth when needed. I do like part of the consumption screen that show current comsumption status. However, the energy screen shape me to drive to maximize fuel efficiency. I like to see when green cars were on the display columns. My last trip to Kissimmee I got many green cars. I know how I've done every 30 minutes.