cleaning the interior

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 06:32 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default cleaning the interior

Tis way past time for me to clean the interior. What do you use to clean the seats? I have the regular fabric that came with the 2004 Prius. No leather or anything fancy like that.

TIA

infael

Old 07-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: cleaning the interior

Not to pander, but in general, if you have treated the car well, especially the interior, the fabric should show little dirt. However, the seats tend to repel stains. If you have a dirty spot I'd start with a rag that was just damp with water and see how that works out for you. And then I'd go from there up to a light detergent. Don't apply liquid to the fabric directly.

I make it a point to vacuum the interior regularly, especialy the seats, to prevent dirt from being ground in through normal use.

Old 07-07-2006, 06:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

Heh. I've a dog and 3 kids who don't know how to keep anything clean.

Old 07-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I understand.

If you do have to move up to a light detergent for cleaning the fabirc, Oxy Clean is very good. I have used it as a household carpet cleaner for a long time. My mixture of water to OxyClean is something of a guess becasue it make the mixture with very hot water and the cleaner in a generic spray bottle, however it is about 2 full measures of the cleaner to a bottle (16oz, I believe) of water.

I use a hot solution becasue it disolves easier and the OxyClean does not tend to settle out of it once mixed. Great carpet cleaner. I suspect it will work well on the Prius interior fabrics.