Can you disable the "I agree" message?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 09:59 PM
The Devil's in the detail
Default Can you disable the "I agree" message?

Hi everyone,

It's been quite some time since I last posted, and back then I had an '08 Prius. I've now got the latest 2010 model, with all the bells and whistles. We only have two models available in Australia. Mone has the satnav, and every time I turn the car on, I have to "agree" that I will use it sensibly. The first dozen or so times was OK, but now it's really starting to bug me. I know that there was a "fix" for the previous model. Does anyone know how to turn it off?

Thanks

Old 11-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Can you disable the "I agree" message?

Hey David,

Good luck with your new Prius. Actually I'm annoyed by this message too. Have searched a lot but still haven't found a fix or a way to disable the message. Hope someone here could help us. Or maybe I think it is hard coded within the SatNav system and you can't just turn it off through settings.

Regards,
H Grow..

Old 11-11-2009, 08:54 PM
The Devil's in the detail

Apparently on the previous model there was a software hack that would take it off. I'm not sure of the company that sells it....somwhere in the U.S. I think. So snap to it guys.....I agree....I agree!

Old 11-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Enthusiast

Have you asked the dealer regarding the problem? I tried here and the guy had no clue

Old 11-20-2009, 09:11 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You can eject the GPS/Nav DVD and the I agree will never come up. These "captive" GPS/Nav systems are far too expensive and not nearly as good as most any portable, Garmin for instance. And then when it comes time for a DVD update you could buy two portables for the price of that one update DVD.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

You can find a plug and play Lockpick to eliminate the "I agree" screen on previous Prius models. But the software upgrade that was done on my GEN II '07 Prius eliminated it anyway. Are you saying that they put it back in on the 2010 Prius? Contact:
http://www.coastaletech.com/
I looked at the website but don't see info for the 2010 Prius. You will have to contact them to see if they are working on a lockpick for the "I agree" removal on the 2010.

For those of you wanting to update your NAV data base, you can do that through Metro Toyota of Detroit. I get my updates through them. Good news, they used to offer the discount to priuschat members only but now anyone can get the always lowest price on them. Speak to:
Jesse Wright

Internet Parts Sales
Metro Toyota
Cleveland, Ohio

www.metrotpn.com
parts@metrotoyota.com
parts@metrotpn.com

He is great but you need to make sure you have the correct version update and his current price is 10% less than the old priuschat group buy discount was at $199.

I do not represent or work for Jesse or Metro...I am just a satisfied customer of his!