Which Bluetooth Phone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Which Bluetooth Phone?

I've been using my LG VX8300 with no compliants. The phonebook transfered over easily and the connection has been flawless.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:12 AM
Enthusiast

Does anyone know if the MOTOKRZR works well with the Prius? I definitely want to xfer the phone dir after synching up with Outlook.

PS: Saw a rattlesnake outside my house last night. Here's a pic (for those interested) >> (just click on the rattlesnake after this link)...Rattlesnake

Old 10-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The transfer works if you don't have Verizon as they have disabled it in the phone.

Old 10-17-2006, 05:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

For Sprint Users; I have the KATANA and it works fine, shows signal strength, battery level, and transferred entire phone book very quickly.

Chris

Old 10-30-2006, 06:43 AM
Enthusiast

My wife just bought a KRZR (Motorola, Verizon). Not only is it the coolest regular (non-PDA) phone out there, but it works quite perfectly with the Prius. I'm definitely getting one! +G

Old 10-31-2006, 03:53 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

But it won't transfer the phone book.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:37 AM
Suz
Treehugger

Anyone use a Sony Ericsson Z525a with the Prius? Any complaints or comments?

I see a lot of mention of Verizon with the Prius users.... can anyone out there comment about Cingular?

Old 11-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Enthusiast

The Sony-Ericsson bluetooth phone works perfect and able to transfer phone book to car. I am using Cingular service.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Enthusiast

I want to thank you for the advice provided in this forum in my first post. I bought the Verizon LG phone recommended here and it paired in a second, and works beautifully. Clear reception, can see the number that calls me and the number of bars. So excellent recommendation. I stayed away from Verizon for a long time because I travel abroad often and wanted to have a single device, but their signal is much stronger where I live, and my wife was constantly able to make calls where I wasn't. The other concern was the Prius, but you guys took care of that.

I beg to differ with some of you in one respect: in my opinion, the ability to transfer the entire phonebook is irrelevant, since 1) I already have it and can access it from the phone while driving which I can't do through the car. 2) I like to have phone numbers linked to addresses in my car, and that I can do only through marking addresses and then adding the phone number manually. In other words, I see the phone book in the car as a different tool, and not a mere replica of the one I already have.

By the way, that phone pairs up beautifully with my Mac, whence I actually downloaded it from, and where I keep it updated.
_________

PS How do you guys get that signature with the mileage? Just a curiosity because I don't actually track it constantly, only from one tank to the next. I am getting over 45mpg regularly, and I am not prone to add chores to my life unless I really have to...