Which Bluetooth Phone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Enthusiast
Default Which Bluetooth Phone?

Can anyone tell me which bluetooth works BEST with the Prius? I have a LG VX8100 Verizon phone, and it works well, but I am in the market for a new phone, and want to know if Toyota recommends a specific model with directory xfer features, perfect voice command sync, etc. etc.

Any ideas? +G

Old 09-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Engineering Professor
Default Re: Which Bluetooth Phone?

Verizon modifies the firmware on their phones to prevent full featured use of Bluetooth. I think you'll be dissapointed with the interaction of their phones with the Prius.

There is a very techy method to reflash the firmware on the Razr back to the original Motorola firmware (it still works with Verizon if you're very careful) and use Bluetooth to the fullest.

JeffD

Last edited by jdenenberg; 09-26-2006 at 09:46 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Enthusiast

Both my wife and I each have a Prius and we are Verizon Wireless customers. We just upgraded to a Samsung SCH-a930 and a Samsung SCH-a990, and they both work great on the Bluetooth. Both took about a minute to set up and have worked like a charm.

Old 10-13-2006, 12:49 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdenenberg
Verizon modifies the firmware on their phones to prevent full featured use of Bluetooth. I think you'll be dissapointed with the interaction of their phones with the Prius.
Please explain the issues more in depth. We just signed on with Verizon and got two Razr V3m phones. I hate to think we wasted our money.

Old 10-13-2006, 12:57 AM
Enthusiast

stay away from motorola phones with the prius. i returned my pebl because it would not pair properly with the prius. everytime i got into the car i had to push like 12 buttons to set it up. it would not automatically re - pair no matter what i tried. i currently have the sony ericsson K800i which works well but i have found that blackberry's have the easiest bluetooth connection to use that is almost fool proof.

Old 10-13-2006, 02:12 AM

Well so far our Razr V3m's are working fine in our Prius. It sinks up just fine and handsfree works great. The only issue I have is I'd like to transfer my address book (contacts), to the Prius but I can't find a way to start the transfer on the Razr's side.

Old 10-13-2006, 06:15 AM
Engineering Professor

The main issue is that Verizon limits the ability to use Bluetooth to easily upload your phone list to the Prius. Normal hands-free use is not affected.

JeffD

Old 10-13-2006, 01:26 PM

It seems Verizon does more than limit the Razr's ability to transfer the contact list, they shut it down completely. Now I'm thinking I should have paid more for an unlocked phone.

Old 10-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Enthusiast

Ok - so based on these comments, it seems that Verizon phones are not the best for bluetooth sync with a Prius. Can someone suggest a phone and a carrier that works really well, especially for synching up the phone directory?

Thanks in advance >> +G

Old 10-15-2006, 05:45 PM

Verizon isn't the best only if you want your contact list to transfer automatically. But for good coverage and connections, Verizon is the very good.

Quick Reply: Which Bluetooth Phone?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands