Toyota warning about off road.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Toyota warning about off road.

I was reading somewhere about a toyota warning about off roading the hybrid system is this true, where can I find it?

Old 12-06-2006, 04:54 AM
Automania Enthusiast
Default Re: Toyota warning about off road.

Originally Posted by Tigermidge
I was reading somewhere about a toyota warning about off roading the hybrid system is this true, where can I find it?
I believe it is in the manual. The system isn't designed for off road use, but that doesn't mean back roads etc. The thing they are trying to avoid, I believe is, deep water that would harm the system and possible over use of the rear drive motor that would over heat.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Enthusiast

Well it's not like someone should be off-roading with those vehicles anyway, hybrid or not. Although it might be good to let people know incase they for some reason think it's capable. I use my Land Rover for roading and if I did get a RX400h or Highlander, it wouldn't even see a thin crust of dirt

Old 12-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

The rear electric motor is air-cooled with fins cast into the aluminum housing. This would limit it to more intermittent duty.

The two front continuous-duty electric motors are water cooled using the same cooling system as the inverter (which is separate from the engine cooling system).

This vehicle really likes snow. No problems at all with the 7-8" we recently had.