Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.
View Poll Results: What Ticks You Off Most While Driving?
Using Cellphones
10.00%
Driving Slow in the Passing Lane
6.67%
Tailgaters/Agressive Drivers
63.33%
Rubberneckers
3.33%
Distracted Drivers (Eating, shaving, applying makup, etc)
6.67%
Other
10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

What Ticks You Off Most On The Road?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Banned
Default What Ticks You Off Most On The Road?

What Ticks You Off Most On The Road?

MSNBC has there own poll inside this story.

Old 07-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What Ticks You Off Most On The Road?

Wish you could pick more than one.

Old 07-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Banned

I don't mind if a moderator edits the poll to allow multiple choices....

Old 07-08-2005, 08:38 PM

I didn't see an option to convert it to multiple choices.

Anyway. What annoys me is people that get offended when I obey the law (see my other post for today )

Old 07-08-2005, 08:42 PM
Banned

At a another forum I moderate, there is a small link "Edit poll". It could be only Jason is authorized.

Oddly enough, I did not include the lawn chair driving posture with the extended one-arm rest on the steering wheel....

Old 07-13-2005, 04:43 AM
hyperactive enthusiast

It's more like 'what scares you most' while driving. If I get ticked off, and respond in kind with aggression, I'm just escalating the situation. I try to stay calm and get the heck out of their range.

one of my pet peeves is (ask my kids, I'm always griping about it): drivers who don't signal their turn until after they've slammed on their brakes and have initiated the turn. jeeze- the whole point of signaling is to warn the person behind them so they don't have to slam on their brakes and ruin their mileage

another scarey one is people who tie things on the top of their car with dental floss and then go out and drive on the highway at 'normal' speed; aka huricane force winds!
saw a mattress this past weekend that was gonna go soon! it was a foot off the roof of the car in a nice aerodynamic curve and the guy was doing 75 in the passing lane! yikes!
got hit by a big inflatable raft once- I had just moved out to pass the guy and get away from him, and he pulls out right in front of me to pass someone else, and the damm raft came loose right then and sailed back and slammed into my windsheild! yow!

Old 07-13-2005, 05:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by KLCarch
....one of my pet peeves is (ask my kids, I'm always griping about it): drivers who don't signal their turn...
Realize this is a partial quote but North Texans are notorious for:
  1. Racing ahead of a driver that announces their intentions with a turn signal. They also speed up to a freeway exit.
  2. Because of #1, most drivers don't use turn signals
  3. A few distracted drivers have their left turn signal on while in the passing lane.

Old 07-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

All of the options tend to annoy me, and I believe all of them are a greater threat t safety than speeding.

I have to pick rubbernecking as my biggest pet peeve though. On an almost daily I find traffic creeping at 30 on the freeway for miles at a time, only to find the only cause is rubberneckers slowing down to look at an accident, on the opposite side of the freeway. Huge amounts of time for thousands of people are wasted for absolutely nothing.

Last edited by Double-Trinity; 07-15-2005 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:39 AM
Banned

Since I leave early in the morning, rubbernecking is less of a problem, but I absolutely agree with you - Double-Trinity.

I doubt the conviction rate would be very high, but ticketing slow drivers and rubberneckers might get a lot of people to stop it.

Old 07-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Banned
Default Observation About Some Agressive Drivers

The situation I have in mind is freeway traffic moving at 60mph, then someone pops up out of the blue at 70mph, weaving around everyone.

Wonder if some of you have tried to get in the mind of this kind of driver? They seem to be thinking: I'm the only one with ***** to pull this off - everyone else is going to stay where they are while I fly by them... Of course, someone on occasion does something different and an accident happens.

Quick Reply: What Ticks You Off Most On The Road?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands