Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.
View Poll Results: What Ticks You Off Most While Driving?
Using Cellphones
10.00%
Driving Slow in the Passing Lane
6.67%
Tailgaters/Agressive Drivers
63.33%
Rubberneckers
3.33%
Distracted Drivers (Eating, shaving, applying makup, etc)
6.67%
Other
10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

What Ticks You Off Most On The Road?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What Ticks You Off Most On The Road?

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Realize this is a partial quote but North Texans are notorious for:
  1. Racing ahead of a driver that announces their intentions with a turn signal. They also speed up to a freeway exit.<<
  2. Because of #1, most drivers don't use turn signals<<
  3. A few distracted drivers have their left turn signal on while in the passing lane. <<
Not just North Texans...lol How about on a two lane road I am going the speed limit, ok 2 miles under and I've had 3 people in the last year pass on the right! You know the shoulder!Kevin

Old 07-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Banned

Oh they pass me on the shoulder AND even pass me when I take the one-lane exit off the freeway!

I might get in trouble for this remark, but since it's been pickup drivers, I'm tempted when they do it to shout "Sorry, I'm not gay!".

Old 07-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: What Ticks You Off Most On The Road?

Originally Posted by KLCarch

another scarey one is people who tie things on the top of their car with dental floss and then go out and drive on the highway at 'normal' speed; aka huricane force winds!
saw a mattress this past weekend that was gonna go soon! it was a foot off the roof of the car in a nice aerodynamic curve and the guy was doing 75 in the passing lane! yikes!
got hit by a big inflatable raft once- I had just moved out to pass the guy and get away from him, and he pulls out right in front of me to pass someone else, and the damm raft came loose right then and sailed back and slammed into my windsheild! yow!
There's a runnig joke here in Atlanta that no one should ever have to buy a mattress or a ladder. When you need one or the other, just go drive around Atlanta's Interstates, and you'll have your pick of various brands or ladder sizes.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

While the list does have stuff that annoys me, I voted other.

I really, really, hate it when someone is making a right turn, and comes to a near complete stop on the road before making the turn. I'm not talking slowing down for a turn, I'm talking about coming to a stop. Traffic moves at 50 mph on the road, and then the driver decides that he will go around the corner at 1 mph. No construction, no traffic, no lights, just turning off the main road to go down a street.

I also hate it when the person next to you matches your speed constantly. You speed up, they speed up. You slow down, they slow down, and especially if they're "hiding" in a blind spot, or near to it.

When I had the Explorer, my number one peeve was people driving slow in the passing lane. While that's still annoying, that's greatly lessened nowadays.

Old 07-20-2005, 05:19 AM
Happy Owner

Originally Posted by KLCarch
one of my pet peeves is (ask my kids, I'm always griping about it): drivers who don't signal their turn
CB operators joke that those vehicles a) didn't buy the optional turn signal package or b) guess they forgot to refill the blinker fluid with their last oil change.

Old 07-20-2005, 05:50 AM
Banned

Then you would hate driving in Dallas.

There is the mentality that you are supposed to pass up anyone that puts a turn signal on. Similiar is people racing the last 100 yards on the freeway passing people to the exit.