Snow Tires for '09 HH Ltd.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default Snow Tires for '09 HH Ltd.

Well the winter is coming up soon and I wanted to which snow tires do you recommend for a 2009 HH Ltd? I’ve got 5K on the car so far. This is the first time I am purchasing snow tires of any of my cars, so not sure what I need.

Thank you.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Snow Tires for '09 HH Ltd.

Michelin X-Ice is highly respected.

Last winter I opted for Nokian WRG2. While not a full-blown "winter tire", it is billed as "all weather" (as opposed to "all season"), and has the mountain-and-snowflake symbol typically found on snow tires. It's somewhere between all season and snows, much better grip than all seasons, but quieter, less squirmy ride than snows, and likely longer wearing. My main motivation was that they were the only decent tire available, due to sudden and heavy snowfall in my area, coupled with legislation back east in Quebec, making snow tires mandatory in that province.

Anyway, whatever your choice, I would highly recommend getting the snows mounted on extra steel rims compatible with your vehicle. The safest route to avoiding mismatch would be to get the correct Toyota steel rims, if available.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Snow Tires for '09 HH Ltd.

Mendel,

Thank you for your advice, will surely keep that in mind.