Service Campaign 90A (Steering link Replacement) Information

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 01:37 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Service Campaign 90A (Steering link Replacement) Information

I have done lots of hours and miles
of testing (hazzards of going to college to be an an engineer) and here is how to get the best milage out of your Highlander (I routinely average 27-31mpg with a 2006 Highlander Hybrid LTD)

1. Inflate your tires to the maximum pressure it says on the sidewalls (this will improve your milage)

2. Adjust your driving techniques. Here is an easy method. Put your cell phone up on the center of the dash. (The hump right above the clock works great) Now drive conservatively enough that your cell phone does not slide out of place or off the dash. This will teach you to drive in the mannor you need in order to dramatically improve your milage (keeping the KW needle as close to the hashed line markings as possible when accelerating).

3.Here is a rule of thumb to use- My Highlander gets 40MPG at 40 miles per hour. For every two miles per hour faster than that (or 2 miles per hour of headwind) the milage will drop by about 1 MPG. 55 MPH is an excellent speed to drive to get great gas mileage - about 30-32MPG. Give it a try!

At 75 MPH my milage drops to about 21-22.

4. Leave the heat, airconditioning, electric seats off. (heat is fine after the vehicle has warmed up on its own).

5. Choose regular gasoline- not gasohol as your milage will be lower with the gasohol blend.

6. Don't carry a lot of extra weight in the vehicle.

Last edited by 1SG Scott; 06-16-2009 at 02:02 AM. Reason: spelling