GPS Misinformation on 2008 Highlander Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Enthusiast
Default GPS Misinformation on 2008 Highlander Hybrid

My GPS has started to give incorrect directions and Toyota dealers say they have no way of checking these devices. The 1st time we were looking for a theater located just east of Highway 101 north of the Golden Gate Bridge. We need the proper exit was 6 exits north, but the GPS kept telling us to get off at the next exit. One would have taken us west to the Pacific Ocean and the other would have taken us over a bridge (Richmond San Rafael) to the east side of San Francisco Bay.

The 2nd time, we were less than a mile from a hotel and I just wanted to confirm its location. The GPS directed me to make a u-turn at the next exit off of California highway 99 and "head south on Interstate 5," which are not one in the same highways! Actually, the hotel was one block to the left at the next exit.

Anyone else having these problems?

I agree with the person who made a post saying the Toyota GPS's are lousy (my words, not his). Compared to the Acura RL's, the Toyota's is cumbersome to use and the exit information often clogs up most of the screen.