Computer Failure

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Enthusiast
Default Computer Failure

Just had an interesting thing happen.

Drove in from home to work, parked about 8AM in office parking lot (outside) left HH alone all day here in LV sun with air temp at parking space maxing out about 109F.

4PM, leave work, start car, drive from parking lot stop at intersection. Turn right into traffic. Stop at next light, merge left accelerate to pass city bus stopped for traffic, and warning triangle lights up along with Hybrid Failure warning in SPEDO rectangular area. Immediately drove to Toyota and when pulling into their service bay still had failure alerts displayed and about 60,447 miles on odo.

After 2hrs handed car back to me with code cleared and advised had to order Hybrid ECU that should be in town in 72hrs. After delays due to part out of stock, finally arrived two weeks later. Altogether, with time and labor to install part and reprogram computer(s) I was given car back 2-1/2 hrs after drop off. So, I don't think fix was very labor intensive. Covered by Hybrid warranty.

Anyone heard of rash of Hybrid ECU failures that would have caused out of stock condition, or is failure so rare that none are kept in stock in the West (CA, NV, UT) region?

Thoughts?

Chuck

Old 02-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Computer Failure

Yes; see my inputs under 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid VSC alarm.