For you newbes's

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 08:27 AM
WVGasGuy
Default For you newbes's

I've posted similar comments in the past but have not seen this point lately so you folks new to the boards may want to ponder on this.

I just looked at the database and Ana's Camry is about to pass me on total miles driven. (I'm bound to run out of places eventually to drive as I don't use this car to commute with).

Anyway, the point is to ENJOY your highly effecient Camry without worrying about being a fanatic (like me and some others?)

Ana's Camry over the 11,229 miles is averaging 37.2 mpg. IF their average was the 38.9 mpg I've dearly worked at to maintain, they would have saved only $39 (or 13.192 gallons of gas).

The higher the FE average the larger the spread can be to be "significant". Struggling to achieve another 0.5 mpg is not worth a lot financially.

If you're not happy with your FE number, do the math, and you may see it's still pretty incredible, especially from where many of us traded from.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: For you newbes's

Joe,

I agree that the financial incentive to get an extra 0.5 mpg is pretty miniscule. I can't speak for everyone, but I've gotten to the point of trying to beat my previous best mileage. It has nothing to do with money, just a personal competition with myself. It's cooled down a bit here lately so the A/C's been off. After 250 miles I'm averaging 44.9 mpg on this tank.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:44 AM
WVGasGuy

but I've gotten to the point of trying to beat my previous best mileage. It has nothing to do with money, just a personal competition with myself.

That's about where I'm at, but I'm always trying to beat my average. It's weird, but if we just drive it, my TCH seems to get 38.6 mpg in just about every route we take. My wife went to Ohio again this week without me. It's a trip I got 40 on last time but she got 38.3 (the indicator showed 38.6). As long as I let her drive it I'm guessing the big 39 will ellude me. However when I first started driving my goal was to average 38 if possible. I didn't consider it logical or realistic to strive for 39 but it's certainly possible for the routes I normally drive. Only on my vacation to nags head did I drive a road through the mountains that I just can not get better than 36 for about 50 to 100 miles. I don't make that trip as a norm so I'm pretty confident that no matter where I go if I want I can exceed 38.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Advanced Technology-PZEV

Originally Posted by Orcrone
Joe,

I agree that the financial incentive to get an extra 0.5 mpg is pretty miniscule. I can't speak for everyone, but I've gotten to the point of trying to beat my previous best mileage. It has nothing to do with money, just a personal competition with myself. It's cooled down a bit here lately so the A/C's been off. After 250 miles I'm averaging 44.9 mpg on this tank.
I must tell ya marc, its pretty fun! I do that too!

Old 09-11-2006, 02:56 PM
WVGasGuy

Hey RCommander, am I the only one with this problem? When I click your signature link it takes me to my car. I know it's pretty impressive but wouldn't you rather brag about your milage???

Old 09-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Advanced Technology-PZEV

Originally Posted by WVGasGuy
Hey RCommander, am I the only one with this problem? When I click your signature link it takes me to my car. I know it's pretty impressive but wouldn't you rather brag about your milage???
WTF?! it takes you to your car?! How do i correct this?

Old 09-11-2006, 03:15 PM
WVGasGuy

How do i correct this?

I believe when you followed the direction on the link last week they were originally meant for me and they had my car number in it. You need to follow the same directions but put your 4 digit car number from the database in the link.

Old 09-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Advanced Technology-PZEV

Originally Posted by WVGasGuy
How do i correct this?

I believe when you followed the direction on the link last week they were originally meant for me and they had my car number in it. You need to follow the same directions but put your 4 digit car number from the database in the link.
There we go all fixed! Actually I am happier now, atleast I am not displayin the crappy milage your TCH got!!!

Just kidding! thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:02 PM
WVGasGuy

atleast I am not displayin the crappy milage your TCH got!!!

Made me laugh. Keep up the good work and I'll check back on you in say 10,000 miles