Wind Noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Wind Noise

What might have seemed like an intrusion in years past is today well embraced by the local community. The military and mainlanders are overall well received. Some have have become community and business leaders and ashamedly, know more about my culture than me. . .

Old 05-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

I still have a few friends there and stop in when I can on my way to SE Asia. Still like the area but I will probably wind up in Thailand when I retire. I like the country, the people, the food and the cost of living there although the Philippines is running a close second.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Enthusiast

Check out an older thread on wind noise: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...d-noise-12582/

I fixed this problem myself on my 2007 TCH by inserting additional foam inside the door gaskets. Toyota unwilling/unable to fix.

Just bought a 2010 TCH and, thank goodness, no wind issues.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

My rule for new car delivery would help with this problem and many others that could be noticed at delivery. I never sign the paperwork for final delivery before I take a test drive in the auto about to become mine. I look carefully for paint problems and then a test drive with special care to look for vibrations of any kind and wind noise,rattles etc. Depending on how things go with the test drive you can have the dealer fix any problems you find or if you feel you are not comfortable with what you found you can decide not to accept that car. I always make it clear to my salesperson that this is how I handle final delivery and have never had a problem with the order. If the car is on the lot or the dealer will get it from another dealer the same conditions apply. One time I test drove a new car from the showroom floor with a vibration at highway speeds. The dealer said they thought it might be tires and that it would be taken care of. I was not satisfied and said no, that I would rather find another car. They found the same car at another dealer, switched with them, another test drive, all was fine. Took this car and all went well. JMHO......but it has worked well for me.....By the way....took note of the vin number at the windshield to be sure I wasn't offered the same car again. No problem.

Last edited by acco20; 06-06-2010 at 07:28 AM.