Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Originally Posted by meerkat
I may have mispoke. They aren't really "holding" the money. They processed the payment actually since its on my CC statement.

I don't know why they haven't sent the papers to TFS to get in the system. Just seems like they have thier own way of doing things and don't care really. Maybe they do this to slow down the process of cancelling and getting a refund when others find out that the plans are MUCH cheaper out in the real world.

Too bad I didn't look into it before I bought the car. There should be a way to let others know prior so they don't make foolish moves like I did.

Go figure...

Ah now that sounds like a dealer...let's charge your card and send the paperwork in in about 3 weeks LOL

Old 01-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meerkat
I may have mispoke. They aren't really "holding" the money. They processed the payment actually since its on my CC statement.

I don't know why they haven't sent the papers to TFS to get in the system. Just seems like they have thier own way of doing things and don't care really. Maybe they do this to slow down the process of cancelling and getting a refund when others find out that the plans are MUCH cheaper out in the real world.

Too bad I didn't look into it before I bought the car. There should be a way to let others know prior so they don't make foolish moves like I did.

Go figure...
You should tell everyone the dealer's name so they can get the "credit" they deserve!!

Old 01-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

I think I did mention it earlier (after I got steamed about thier reason/response to me) it was LUSTINE TOYOTA in Woodbridge, VA. I mean, they really worked with me to get a good value for my trade ('06 HCH) and put a decent deal together - I was really satisfied. Another dealer out here (Rosner Toyota of Stafford, VA) blew sunshine up my skirt on trying to sell me a used TCH (3K miles, and not near a color I'd want) for over $32K. They let me walk (thank you Rosner Toyota), so I bought elsewhere. Thier attitude seemed to be if i wasn't prepared to walk onthe lot and give them thier asking price for a used car then they didn't really want my business. Lustine actually worked to get the sale and made a decent deal on a new (no miles) in a color I liked. But I digress... back to Lustine...

So then came the "other stuff'. Paint protection, seat protection/conditioning, undercoating, remote start, cigarette lighter wax....

What I loved about the tag teaming that came after the sale was how they pushed that NOTHING could be done after I drive away - it was then & there or nowhere. It's not like I buy a new car every day so I listened to the shpeel about acid rain, etc. I opted on none of those items but then (in another room) the finance guy had me.

He was cool, but stressed the importance of the agreements especially on a Hybrid - which I can see the logic (maybe not too knowledgable about though). Again, he "did me a favor" by letting me come back in a day to consumate it if I wanted to. I bit the bullet and did the deed . Then, I jump into this TCH group and hear all the other horror stories about other dealers doing the same. But the icing was the midwest dealer (Chris) whom I spoke with and offered me the same plans for 2/3 less!

In a nutshell I called Lustine Toyota back and got a story about how prices are fixed (proper word from a car dealer) regionally and that they couldn't do anything. Yet, the prices did vary when I called a few other local dealers. Ourisman (another local dealer) had the 7/100/0 for $1200 - - almost $1k less than Lustine.

So, the moral of this story is: don't listen to me when looking at buying a warranty No, seriously, I think I'll make sure that my current warranty gets cancelled and credited and then get one thru Chris at Midwest.

Thanks to all of you out there that helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel (and realize that it wasn't a train)

note: all opinions expressed in this message are expressions of the author (me ) and in no way reflect the ideas or opinions of other members to this site or the site hosts - unless they agree with me!

Old 01-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Technologist

Just checked with my local dealer, Toyota of Watertown (Mass.), and they will match the Midwest price - I remembered it as $650 - for the 7/75K Platinum Warranty. I spoke with Liz and told her about this website, and she is very interested in selling as many of these as she can. I have their number as (617) 926-5200.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

I was ripped off. Somebody please help me. I bought my TCH September, 13, 2006. I just came upon this website last week. When I purchased my car the finance guy told me that I had to purchase the "Toyota Extra Care Vehicle Service Agreement" for $2800. The dealer was Toyota of the Bronx. I don't get any service for my vehicle, I have to pay for oil changes and everything myself. I need help ASAP, please. Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

The post below yours lists the name and number for a dealer that another member purchased the warranty from for much less. Another dealer is Midwest Toyota located in Kansas. Speak to Chris or Mike (620-662-6631) and they can probably do the same. Shop around since ANY dealer can sell you the warranty.

Make sure that you correctly get your current one cancelled and get full credit (minus a possible $25 admin fee per plan) as well. Some dealers tell you of higher fees or charges but don't let them bully you. Both plans (the warranty & the prepaid maintenance) can be cancelled at anytime. You (basically) have up to 3 years and 36K miles to do the warranty since you have the factory standard coverage but I'd get it in place within the first 6 months of ownership.

Worst case - wait until Toyota Financial Services received the dealer paperwork on your warranty and then cancel THRU THEM. You will get the refund - minus the admin fee. NOTE: if you rolled the cost of the warranty into the financing of the car then the leinholder will most likely also be on any refund check you receive. This post covers a lot of different scenes from various owners so sift thru it looking for info.

I know I've left something out so others feel free to add or correct me.

Old 01-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Enthusiast

Called TFS today to make sure that my dealer actually sent in my cancellation request. Well guess what? They didn't send it in. They sent in the purchase request in under 24 hours so that I couldn't back out but now it's been 2 weeks and they haven't sent in the cancellation request. Thank goodness I made them give me a copy of the cancellation paperwork. TFS gave me the number to fax it in myself so I'll be doing that tomorrow.

Lesson to the rest of you...Don't trust the dealer when it involves refunds!!!

Old 01-24-2007, 03:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

For that exact same reason below - I'll wait until TFS has the warranty in the system, and then cancel thru them. I was told (by TFS) that when you cancel thru them that they will send the refund out and back-charge the dealer for it. There is at least a bit more piece of mind in dealing with TFS rather than the dealer. Plus, the dealer gets a little "surprise" when they find out that its cancelled and they can't monkey around with you.

Some dealers may have been o.k. to deal with regarding this but others might milk the time and effort for a refund since it's out of thier pocket. Besides, I'd rather tell TFS that I want to cancel due to the dealer raking the customers. Who knows - maybe if enough people (that buy thru the dealer) cancel thru TFS, Toyota may take notice of how dealers are screwing Toyota customers. Maybe TFS might set a 'fair market" rate -but then, that rate could go higher than the rate from Midwest or Watertown. Go figure.....

Old 01-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Enthusiast

I really like:

www.warrantiestoyota.com

Good prices, and easy to use webpage.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by bobbywalnuts
I really like:

www.warrantiestoyota.com

Good prices, and easy to use webpage.
Nice calculator. There are better prices out there though. They are about $175 high on the 7/75,000 Platinum.

Quick Reply: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands