What radio station am I on?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default What radio station am I on?

Is it possible to show the am or fm station you are listening to, while you have the nav screen displayed. I realize you can find it by touching other buttons, but I would like to see it displayed somewhere on the nav screen. Is it possible to set it up to do this. Thank you.............

Old 01-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What radio station am I on?

Originally Posted by acco20
Is it possible to show the am or fm station you are listening to, while you have the nav screen displayed. I realize you can find it by touching other buttons, but I would like to see it displayed somewhere on the nav screen. Is it possible to set it up to do this. Thank you.............
No answers so I guess this is not an option......Is anyone else not happy about not seeing what station your radio is on without going somewhere to look it up??? Or is it just me.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by acco20
No answers so I guess this is not an option......Is anyone else not happy about not seeing what station your radio is on without going somewhere to look it up??? Or is it just me.
If I really want to see what station it is, I hit the Audio button. I don't really think it's a big deal. When I change stations using the scan buttons on the steering wheel, I believe I've seen a one-liner drop-down on the top of the NAV screen that identifies the station while in MAP mode.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:03 PM

That's what I do, flip the station change buttons on the steering wheel up and down to check the frequency for traffic report etc. no big deal. I don't like to stare at the radio when driving anyway, I rather watch who else will try to cut me off or drift into my line while text messaging so usually keep the track of the stations in my mind. You could also probably switch to Audio display to see all presets and which one is active at the moment.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:00 AM
blahhhhhh!

I never listen to the radio anymore... it seems like every time I do put it on, every station has commercials on. NOT what I want to listen to! I usually have my ipod connected through the AUX port, in which case nothing pertinent would show on the nav screen.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by KTLane
I never listen to the radio anymore... it seems like every time I do put it on, every station has commercials on. NOT what I want to listen to! I usually have my ipod connected through the AUX port, in which case nothing pertinent would show on the nav screen.
Haha...Amen. Now if only I could get thing to start playing when I power on the car and sleep when I shut down the car....without an ugly dash addition. At least the charger keeps it happy!