What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Originally Posted by wallpad
Like pbanks and daveosborne, I'm bugged that I don't have mine yet (2 months and still not in allocation).

However I must say it's gratifying to see that all these "biggest pet peeves" are, IMO, extremely minor problems. There is obviously nothing serious to complain about with this car!
That sure does put it in perspective.

Old 08-12-2006, 05:48 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FL07THC
I agree. My wife is 5'9 and I am 6'4. We work together and only drive the TCH while leaving my Highlander parked. The highlander is simple to adjust the seat because she only has to move it forward. She moves it ever which way in the TCH. We came out of a TL and it had memory seats. It is missed.
I came out of a TL as well , how are you adjusting. I had an 04 and 06 TL and while I really miss the handling and interior ergonomics, I don't miss filling up every 5-6 days with Premium. And the JBL in the TCH just wipes the floor of the TL ELS system.

Old 08-12-2006, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by flopshot
At first I would have said the center console squeak, but I can fix that after reading online this week how to pop the center console plastic off.

Therefore, my biggest pet peeve is the stupid (IMHO) design of door handle on the front doors. The position of the door handle makes the entire armrest unusable. I commute 100 miles a day, and now I don't have anywhere to rest my left arm. So now I put my elbow on the small part of the armrest that exists, and then put my hand on my leg, but it isn't as comfortable if I could just rest my entire forearm on the armrest. Probably the most significant thing I miss about my Cadillac STS. Otherwise, I love my TCH.
Not my biggest, but have to agree, the inside door pulls are like at the midway point where my arm woudl rest.

Old 08-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Enthusiast

Just picked my TCH up yesterday after a 6 week wait and after only a day there are a few things that I'd like to see changed. These are just minor annoyances and nothing mechanical.

1. Why does the Passenger Air Bag On light have to remain illuminated the entire time? It's amber and a amber light usally means something is wrong. Turn it off after 30 seconds or so.

2. Mentioned before by another member but not having memory seat and mirror positions is very unusual for a car with the sticker price of TCH.

3. No reverse sensors. I thought the TCH had them but then I remembered it was the Avalon that I test drove. Once you have them you learn to depend on those sensors quit a bit and miss them when their not available.

4. Cleaning the inside of the back window. Like others here in the forum I had the marks from the suction cups. Trying to reach my hand down in between the back glass and the deck lid was imposible.

Again, these are all minor things but things that could be improved on.

Old 08-13-2006, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by kluken
I came out of a TL as well , how are you adjusting. I had an 04 and 06 TL and while I really miss the handling and interior ergonomics, I don't miss filling up every 5-6 days with Premium. And the JBL in the TCH just wipes the floor of the TL ELS system.
We are adjusting fine. I had the Bose system in mine that did not sound as good as the JBL.

Old 08-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Enthusiast

Too many electronics, but especially the electronic key. Convenience? Gee I can push a button, that saves me about 10 microseconds. But 50 pages (OK I exaggerate a little) about using it in the manual is ridiculous. What if someone else walks off with the key while you are driving? What if the battery dies? What if you have it next to a cell phone? And it locks the car differently if you have the key near the door instead of 10 feet away. And you can leave the car on and forget to push the 'off' button on the dash. And 20 different electronic buzzes to tell you you did one of a dozen different things wrong. As compared to a simple metallic key that never fails. Bad design.

Old 08-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by donald_s
Too many electronics, but especially the electronic key. Convenience? Gee I can push a button, that saves me about 10 microseconds. But 50 pages (OK I exaggerate a little) about using it in the manual is ridiculous. What if someone else walks off with the key while you are driving? What if the battery dies? What if you have it next to a cell phone? And it locks the car differently if you have the key near the door instead of 10 feet away. And you can leave the car on and forget to push the 'off' button on the dash. And 20 different electronic buzzes to tell you you did one of a dozen different things wrong. As compared to a simple metallic key that never fails. Bad design.
Wrong on so many counts. You'll never leave your keys behind or lock them in the car because they are always in you pocket. Lest likely to lose them because they on you not not someplace else. When your hands are full you can open doors, lockup, open trunk by a touch. Less likely to be riped off, and most important being car car-jack victim because there is no time needed to find the key or key fob and use the metal key . Next to mileage the best feature on the car.

Old 08-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Enthusiast

I have a titanium silver TCH and somehow I find a lot of dirt and water collects in the door sills (I think this is what you call the area.. when you are outside the door and open it, and look down at the most exterior 'ledge'). It seems that when I park after driving in the rain, all the water in the door sills eventually drains down the side of the car at four specific points... leaving vertical streaks of black dirt that is hard to clean off if not cleaned off right away. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 08-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Enthusiast

Wrinkles in the loose Distributor installed leather upholstery. Compared to my XLE they are like shar-pei dogskin. I will get used to them, but jeez...

Last edited by faldoc; 08-16-2006 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have notice it also. Even a drizzle will produce dirty water spots on the top of the rocker panel under each door. when I had TOH wash last week they noticed it and wiped it clean when they were drying off the car.

Quick Reply: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands