View Poll Results: What color is your TCH?
Black
7.46%
Super White
9.70%
Jasper Pearl
7.46%
Desert Sand Mica
14.93%
Titanium Metallic
8.21%
Barcelona Red Metallic
11.94%
Sky Blue Pearl
3.73%
Magnetic Grey Metallic
16.42%
Aloe Green Metallic
2.24%
Blue Ribbon Metallic
11.19%
Other
4.48%
Don't own one yet, but am interested in the car
2.24%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

What color is your TCH survey?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What color is your TCH survey?

Originally Posted by haroldo
With apologies, I set up the survey using the colors available from this wiki page
I don't know how to edit the page, but if you do, you might want to let the world know that the TCH is available in that color.
Curious - was that the 2007 list? My 2008 is Classic Silver, which is still available in 2009. Was that the successor to the Titanium, or is that Magnetic Grey?

And yes, in FL, a light color car is good for 20-30 degree F advantage in the afternoon. Not to mention that the lime rock 'mud' isn't nearly as obvious as it is on a dark color.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

Test drove the Jasper pearl and liked it alot. Last car was red so that was not an option (says the wife). I loved the Sky blue. She liked the white. We compromised and got the white.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Frodo
Curious - was that the 2007 list? My 2008 is Classic Silver, which is still available in 2009. Was that the successor to the Titanium, or is that Magnetic Grey?

And yes, in FL, a light color car is good for 20-30 degree F advantage in the afternoon. Not to mention that the lime rock 'mud' isn't nearly as obvious as it is on a dark color.
Actually "myth busters" did s episode on this theory. They compared a black vehicle with a white, vehicle and in hot summer sun, all day, the interior temperature was only a 12 degree difference.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by tharvey
Actually "myth busters" did s episode on this theory. They compared a black vehicle with a white, vehicle and in hot summer sun, all day, the interior temperature was only a 12 degree difference.
Guess my but-o-meter needs a bit of calibration. My estimates were in the 'd**n hot' and the 'aw s**t, this is hot' temperature scale. Guess that range is narrower than originally estimated.

IAC, 12 degrees is significant, in my book. I'd rater be at 85 than at 97 any day - the A/C will get you 'chilled out' that much sooner. And the grayish-while 'melt-down' from the morning dew on the limerock dust still looks worse on a black car.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:53 PM

We test drove a super white in 2007. We found out someone was in the process of buying it when we test drove it...oops. They tried to get us to buy a Jasper pearl, however it was loaded. We didn't want one with Nav, etc. We had a choice of a silver, dark blue, and red equipped about the way we wanted and were within a couple of hundred dollars of each other. The Barcelona Red Metallic had a silver pin stripe which we thought added to the car and made it slightly different than most others.

Even though the wife specifically did not want red, it has grown on her and with our mods, she loves the car.

That was February of this year, we liked the aloe green metallic and super white was our first choice, but none were available on the lot when we purchased, and since they were willing to deal with us we picked the Barcelona Red with ash interior.

Very pretty when clean, but the winter salt makes it look awful!

Old 12-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Interesting that some folks voted for Aloe Green. As I recall. They make the conventional in Aloe, but not the hybrid.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:22 AM

The Aloe is such a unique color, we asked if it was available and were told no. There was an SE on the lot in Aloe that was beautiful, I couldn't stop looking at it. I don't know if it was ever available on the TCH. I thought someone had said they had a TCH in Aloe in a post.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Enthusiast

Jasper Pearl here, I love the color!

Old 12-29-2008, 12:13 PM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Aloe Green Metallic is an available color for TCHs in Canada only, I believe. I have one!

Stan