What brand of gasoline do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What brand of gasoline do you use?

I actually thought that almost all of their crude oil came from Venezuela. I was sure I had seen this recently in print, but I cannot at the moment find it again. In any event, there are few Valero stations around me, so it doesn't really impact me. Citgo stations are everywhere here and they used to be my favorite station just because all the 7-Elevens had Citgo gas. Now neither gets my business. On a side note, I did see that 7 Eleven "coincidentally" decided to drop Citgo as their gas supplier.

Old 11-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Active Enthusiast
Smile Re: What brand of gasoline do you use?

I used ARCO for 15 years in my old Chevy and then went over Von's (Saveway) because of the $0.10 a gallon discount just before I bought the TOH. In southern Calf. I understand the gas is either local or Alaska. I've never had a bad tank in the last 20 years. I usually fill up when the tank has less than 2 gallons left. I am one of those people that don't like to fill up. That's the reason I bought a TOH for 600 mile fill ups.

Old 11-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by Paulgw

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!
There is a difference between a moron and an idiot.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:52 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paulgw

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!
haha... nice one.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:33 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by freeagn
I used ARCO for 15 years in my old Chevy and then went over Von's (Saveway) because of the $0.10 a gallon discount just before I bought the TOH.
I used to use ARCO in my '86 F150. I used it in other cars (Hondas) without problems. Repeated clogged fuel injectors, and serveral trips to the dealer to fix the injectors, it became obvious that ARCO's gas was causing the problem. Ford at the time recommended Mobil, Texaco or Shell to avoid the problem. The '85 and '86 F150s need a high content of fuel cleaners in the gas or they clog.

Every few years I would sometimes fill up again with ARCO, only to have the injectors clog again. The idle would get so rough the truck would stall at stop lights before the tank was used. The last time I used ARCO gas was about 3 years ago and the problem still occured.

I know about tank farms and the additive packages being added at the end of the pipeline. What I also know, is these additive packages do make a difference. In my humble opinion, it is better to use gas with a known effective cleaning package than one that I know first hand has problems.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nash
I used to use ARCO in my '86 F150. I used it in other cars (Hondas) without problems. Repeated clogged fuel injectors, and serveral trips to the dealer to fix the injectors, it became obvious that ARCO's gas was causing the problem. Ford at the time recommended Mobil, Texaco or Shell to avoid the problem. The '85 and '86 F150s need a high content of fuel cleaners in the gas or they clog.

Every few years I would sometimes fill up again with ARCO, only to have the injectors clog again. The idle would get so rough the truck would stall at stop lights before the tank was used. The last time I used ARCO gas was about 3 years ago and the problem still occured.

I know about tank farms and the additive packages being added at the end of the pipeline. What I also know, is these additive packages do make a difference. In my humble opinion, it is better to use gas with a known effective cleaning package than one that I know first hand has problems.
In those 15 years I never had an injector problem or had them cleaned or serviced. It depends on the car or injector system I think.