Washing your TCH

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Washing your TCH

Originally Posted by cmartinez95
That's the assumption I made one time when I took it to get washed. Boy was I wrong. They had turned it off and the people who drove the cars out to get dried had NO CLUE what to do and ended up pushing it out of the way and to the drying spot. I'm sure MOST places know by now, but I wouldn't say ALL of them
Same here. Have only taken mine into a carwash twice and both times the guy that drives it out of the bay at the end of the wash couldn't figure out what to do. I anticipated that possibility and was waiting at the exit. The driver just sat on the horn to indicate a problem, I ran up and showed him what to do. He was completely dumbfounded.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by temcclendon
Same here. Have only taken mine into a carwash twice and both times the guy that drives it out of the bay at the end of the wash couldn't figure out what to do. I anticipated that possibility and was waiting at the exit. The driver just sat on the horn to indicate a problem, I ran up and showed him what to do. He was completely dumbfounded.
Just another reason to wash my TCH myself! hehe I realize not everyone can avoid the commercial car washes, but I always wash my own car...In the rare situation, when i am out of town, and my car just has to be washed, I will use one of those do it yourself spray washes, altho I have found the results from them is usually much less than desired.

Washing myself allows me to inspect the entire surface, and really "know" my cars. The fact that I live in a temperate climate, (if you call 108 degrees yesterday, and more of the same today, temperate!) allows me to wash the car weekly all year long.

Old 07-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Enthusiast

i took mine into a local car wash. they do a really good job. i never had a problem with the prius because it is OBVIOUSLY a hybrid. i had to tell the guy taking my car to leave it on while going through in neutral. just as i said that another guy got in to vacuum and turned it off. i pointed this out to the first guy and he turned it back on. i was sooooooooo nervous. all ended well and my new baby got it's first wash. i am glad i know enough about my car to ensure its care.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

I don't trust other people.. Not even the dealership!! I wash it myself.. Just got it a little over a week ago, and plan to wash, clay, wax it next weekend.. (At least thats the plan)