Washing your TCH

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default Washing your TCH

Hey everyone, I just purchased a TCH a week and a half ago, and found this forum. This place looks really cool, and I look forward to having great conversations with you guys. Anyways, how do you guys wash your TCH's, wash them yourselves take them to the car wash? I want to take mine to the car wash but dont know if theyll know how the key works, and that they will drain my battery. Any suggestions ?

Old 06-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Washing your TCH

Leave the car on, FOB inside and that's it, the rest is just as regular car, besides there are other keyless cars on the road, so I would imagine they had seen it before and know how to operate it.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Enthusiast

thanks for the response pete, i guess im a little paranoid since I just got it and stuff.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yup, and to avoid any paranoia, go ahead and wash it yourself and you know it is done right (also good exercise) ...

Old 06-15-2007, 04:34 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Do it yourself since you will probably take better care of it...

Old 06-15-2007, 11:07 AM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

insanehurricane — And, based on the findings of another poster on this Forum, be sure to switch your climate control system to "recirculate" before you run the car through the carwash. Otherwise water can be blown into the cabin air filter by the high-pressure dryer air jets, and cause mold to grow, ultimately producing an unpleasant smell.

Stan

Old 06-17-2007, 12:22 AM
Enthusiast

thanks for all the tips

Old 06-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Smart key is becoming more common. All new Altimas have them as standard equiptment and they are selling a ton of those. I think smart key will become standard on just about all cars in the future just like keyless entry has.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FL07THC
Smart key is becoming more common. All new Altimas have them as standard equiptment and they are selling a ton of those. I think smart key will become standard on just about all cars in the future just like keyless entry has.
True, but I always still worry because when the ICE shuts down, they might not know what's going on and keep hitting the power button.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pete4
Leave the car on, FOB inside and that's it, the rest is just as regular car, besides there are other keyless cars on the road, so I would imagine they had seen it before and know how to operate it.
That's the assumption I made one time when I took it to get washed. Boy was I wrong. They had turned it off and the people who drove the cars out to get dried had NO CLUE what to do and ended up pushing it out of the way and to the drying spot. I'm sure MOST places know by now, but I wouldn't say ALL of them

Quick Reply: Washing your TCH

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands